Door 'open' issue

ZLAKLR

• Member For: 18y 2m 19d

Hey guys, 2006 XR6T ute. Got an issue with door seems to be open, at least the car thinks so.

Doors wont lock. Origionaly the door open light was on, but after disconnecting the battery, this icon goes out when doors close as expected, but doors still wont lock, as if it thinks something is still open. I had faults checked that I was told was passengers door, so changed catch and no change. 

Anyway, have read other posts that suggest it could be BCM, though icon on dash goes off as if doors are known to be closed.

So I guess I should find obtain and change the BCM that controls this function??  if so, where behind the dash is this bloody thing, and, what does it look like? ie when in the car?? (ive seen pics of them but need to know where to look to take it out) is it just a matter of swapping them and it all should work (if its the issue)??

cheers in advance guys

• 3 weeks later...
  • WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 6m 27d

Do the remote batteries do something like that when going flat?

(have you tried with the key rather than the remote?)

• Member For: 18y 2m 19d

I tried to open the door between the time I lock it, and it then beeps horn and unlocks, and the door locks. It also stayed locked on one occasion, but as soon as I unlocked it, it didnt lock again. The dash light that signals door unlocked, flickers randomly. Sometimes it stays off but you try to lock the door, and it unlocks again, so I <3 Bananas knows lol tells me its more likely a drunk BCM. I am going to check the loom going through the door to see it hasnt broken a wire, but given that dash light is now going out now and then, but the problem still exists, I doubt its a broken wire.