Show us your PC and/or Gaming setup

k31th

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 17d
1 hour ago, johnxr6t said:

I quite like the separate area for the PSU and wiring in the corsair air 540. The only issue is I find the SSD's run around 5C hotter under load. 10 year warranty though :P

need pics of other side

Have you ever run the Gainward Phantom GTX 780 Ti without the fans ?

14 minutes ago, johnxr6t said:

already got one up but I couldn't be bothered taking side panel off, heres another:

JQRivov.jpg

without the fans?^^

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 9m 20d

yeah , if you remove them the other two run at full speed.

it makes me laugh when I clean this card, you remove the fans and can get literally every tiny bit of dust out. It's also an extremely quiet card!

about 3 months worth of dust in that picture!

Edited by johnxr6t
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, johnxr6t said:

yeah , if you remove them the other two run at full speed.

it makes me laugh when I clean this card, you remove the fans and can get literally every tiny bit of dust out. It's also an extremely quiet card!

about 3 months worth of dust in that picture!

I was going to say something about the dust, but my PC's are all in need of a clean out

Cat hair being the main culprit 

Edited by bloodycrashboy
  • Like 2

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 9m 20d
19 hours ago, bloodycrashboy said:

I was going to say something about the dust, but my PC's are all in need of a clean out

Cat hair being the main culprit 

I want one of them canless dusters like this https://www.pccasegear.com/products/31698/o2-hurricane-320-canless-air-system

I don't know much about that specific product but it shows what I mean.

I used to buy the cans of PC duster by the box

have to add this one too hahaha:

Edited by johnxr6t

2 hours ago, johnxr6t said:

I want one of them canless dusters like this https://www.pccasegear.com/products/31698/o2-hurricane-320-canless-air-system

yeah, I've looked at that product myself, just can't justify the price.

P.C.Case Gear is my go to online shop, have probably bought 90% of my computer parts from them in the past 10 years.

PC Case Gear  :1luvu:

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 24d

Well behind in this thread

First PC at like 12 years old was a 486 DX/2 66 - 66MHz if the TURBO button was in...60MHz without it.  Ran Windows 3.11.  Got big on DOS games and learned how to get master of magic working with enough memory to allow sound.  Thing needed like 620K or something, what a mission!

Also had a Tseng Labs ET4000 card - amusingly this PC ran some games better than my mate's Pentium based PC - that's how I learned about bottlenecks.

Had a 17" CRT from the get go, that once a Windows XP upgrade came along I discovered ran 1024x768 at I think 85Hz, maybe 100.  I was amazed at the fluidity moving Windows around.

Years later - a Celeron 500MHz.  Dad drove me to buy a 450 but they had no stock so he sprung the extra cash for the 500MHz, or as I boasted at high school, "half a gigahert"!

I ran a AGP Voodoo Rush card for a while there (no need for primary video card) ...very painful getting drivers to work with games.  Upgraded to a GeForce2MX.  Hlaf life ran much better.  Never had top of the line cards or CPUs and still don't.  Can't afford it.

After the Celeron 500 I went to an AMD Athlon 3200XP - ran HOT so I bought a copper Zalman with the cool blue LED lit blades

xCGgfbA.jpg

Next was an Athlon 64 X2 which overclocked nicely.  2.2GHz to 2.75, think I was able to reuse that cooler IIRC.

tTvsrYx.png

Lower OC screenshot...Fords FTW

These pics are from around 2006

WdWzi7F.jpg

LAN party - beers and first person shooters

GPPQCqE.jpg

MD11Cmw.jpg

I still have the same Mouse (MX518), mouse pad, case (which I still run sans side panel) and stubbie holder

9ScJ3Fw.jpg

In between gaming bouts hanging on MSN, and mate got a random add.  

tqa12jH.jpg

DQ3Hto9.jpg

I did the same thing by googling and adding hotmail addresses and I ended up with a French girl a couple years younger who I still talk to from time to time these days.

It's not a LAN unless you avoid sleeping all night, crash and wake up six hours later looking like this.  Good times.

jc7xZjB.jpg

These days it's not as high on my priority list as it used to be, I try to save money to keep the car running well.

CPU is an AMD FX 6300 which doesn't get much of a workout, the GPU is pegged at 100% most of the time.  Here's me fitting the thing (Gigabyte GeForce GTX960 G1 overclocked edition, only 2GB VRAM though)

ZzCerix.jpg

gdE0PVB.jpg?1

Ppmfw8Y.jpg?1

aYooggl.jpg?1

ApP6MxF.jpg

That dusty Soundblaster X-Fi at the bottom is no longer in there.  Onboard audio has beaten it thanks to crappy drivers/moving to Windows 10.

I have an intel SSD for OS, Samsung SSD for games and a 1TB RAID-0 for movies and the epic archive of pictures from cruises and holidays.

Monitor is a 48.5" Sony TV (gaming mode for way lower HDMI input lag) with my 22" Samsung off to the side showing pretty wallpapers or monitoring temperatures.

As for overclocking tips on the graphics card I use the MSI Afterburner utility.  I use MSI Kombustor to run a stress test window and watch for graphical errors like flickering pixels in the furry donut style tests.  Make sure you *beep*  tset that runs your card at 100% (you can resize the rendering window to stress it more)

I googled some successful overclocks on my card and started maybe half way to those then just keptt pushing up the numbers in small increments, watching temps and making sure image was stable in the furry donut test.

Here's one test run just now

ZSLfY9K.jpg

Not bad, the card has overclocked on top of the gigabyte factory overclock, I think it's about 25% above the base model GTX960.  Need an upgrade already though.  Going to have to go Intel CPU next build and actually spend the money.  The AMD was like $100 :)

It ran DOOM well at high (lowered shadows and lights to medium eventually after some hell nasty slowdown bugs) at 1920x1080 resolution.  45+ FPS most of the time and often up to 60.  Certain parts dropped to 35 or so.  CPU sat at about 50% across all six cores.

I have preordered No Man's Sky and am really looking forward to trying it out.  Not sure if I'll use the bonus ship they give you though, would reduce the challenge.

Oh and backup is syncback free version run manually on to the 1TB laptop HDD sitting in the bottom of the case there, which was brand new and replaced in a laptop with an SSD at work.

Once we move in a few weeks I'll set up one of the spare PCs somewhere else in the house for local backups and investigate online storage for the photos. 

Edited by -Stever-
  • Like 3