Oil Pump Gear Failure Boo!

frozenxr6t

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 5m 13d

Youtube = winner.. Cheers for that

Coz of my driving style (when I'm 'on it'), I've been told that this should be my next upgrade so I'll get what needs to be sorted right now done ;) and then I'll talk to the fagboi retard about fitting a new pump.

A bit worried about the 58-5900 rpm bit he speaks of in the video coz I see more than that - on occasions hehe - so I might put the video here for others

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 26d

A bit worried about the 58-5900 rpm bit he speaks of in the video coz I see more than that - on occasions hehe - so I might put the video here for others

Hope its just an advertising/scare tactic to buy their products immediately lol plus doesnt it cut out at 6k or 6500?

The other day I took a corner hard...cant remember if TC was off...but in normal drive it went to like 6400 and I think torque cut or something happened (music was loud and only felt the splutter and noticed the rev needle). Hopefully nothing to worry about

• Like 1

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 5m 13d

My rpm cut has been set for 7000 (I think) Pete

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 6m 25d

Either way, still marketing bs to say yeh your pump gears will fail around 5900 rpm....

Welcome to owning an xr6t..

Frozen do you remember what rpm it happened at? Guess you were a bit busy to be looking

• Member For: 17y 1m 1d

bloody hell. Is it the same standard kit on the F6? I've hit the rev limiter so many times, mostly during rallysprints but recently a few times on the street when I'm just not paying enough attention, it whips up there so damn quick. The rev limiter isn't very abrupt either. Redline on the F6 is 6200rpm and the limiter seems to be only 100rpm or so beyond that. I just looked up the cost of the Atomic kit, doesn't seem too much if the standard kit really is that weak. Is it a big job to swap the pump and gears out?