South Mans Octane Ute Build

South man

• Member For: 10y 8m 28d

that sounds bloody amazing, can almost feel the boost ramp up. What do you think of the sound of the twin 3" Manta?

Love the manta, as soon as it arrived I knew it was a really nice piece of kit, welds are perfect and the stainless grade feels like good quality. Felt completely different to the exforce stainless.

Instead of the middle muffler I got resonators instead, So it has twin cats, twin resonators and a rear muffler. The system is loud, very deep and throaty, but there is almost zero drone at 100kmh. Loud through first second and third when on the revs. Not sure if its legal loud or not.

• Like 1

So I got the EGT probe welded into the dump pipe today and the exhaust lowered a fraction more as one of the pipes was rubbing on the tailshaft where it connects in the centre.

Was also wondering about how legal is everything I have under the bonnet? Should I need to worry about police defecting anything?

Cheers

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 1d

Garrett Actuator, 40mm Inconel Flapper, Hand ported Waste Gate, Locking tabs, Studs and Nuts, running 16psi.

+ running new billet wheel.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 5m 9d

I was going to say... stock turbo doesn't make 360rwkw on a fg xr6t... With a front wheel change it makes sense that it makes that sort of power.

Very nice car, mate!

• Like 1

Yes new wheel also sorry.

Had the ute on the hoist last week and found that one of the exhaust pipes was rubbing on the Tail shaft, where the 2 piece shaft joins in the middle, Took it to an exhaust place on the weekends and he welded in an extra bracket, lowering the exhaust, all good now. Also got him to weld in the EGT probe in the dump pipe while I was there.

Im now on the hunt for new wheels, leaning towards the Vertini Dynasties in black.