Fg Xr6T Feels "different"

GKGSJQKS

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 1m 9d

If k&n oil caused lack of power half this forum would think they're driving carollas

K&n are fine

Stop stressing

Nothing wrong with k&n and freaky is right for once

Over thinking stuff I'd say

It would still be under new car warranty ?

Take it back and make ford fault find and see what they come up with firstly, yes they're generally useless but they sometimes help, secondly once u notice what u think may be a problem you generally start noticing other things h didn't before and think they could be issues

I doubt there is any real problem, check all pipes and clamps and go from there

Edited by Princess Whinginator

• Banned
  • Member For: 9y 4m 5d

If k&n oil caused lack of power half this forum would think they're driving carollas

K&n are fine

Stop stressing

Nothing wrong with k&n and freaky is right for once

Over thinking stuff I'd say

It would still be under new car warranty ?

Take it back and make ford fault find and see what they come up with firstly, yes they're generally useless but they sometimes help, secondly once u notice what u think may be a problem you generally start noticing other things h didn't before and think they could be issues

I doubt there is any real problem, check all pipes and clamps and go from there

Yeah..............................................................it's still........................................................................................under.......................................warr-.

Sorry, I was just mesmerized there for a second :giverose:

• Member For: 12y 4m 25d

Check for boost leaks then get it put on a dyno to see the power it's making.

I can tell you, the power delivery of a standard FG XR6T very weird, if I would apply the gas to 90%, it would move but not that fast.

But if I give it a quick punch but to 70% and only to 70%, all hell breaks loose. It took a bit of time to get used to this wizardry.

When cold, it will pull ridiculously hard, and when it warms up you definitely notice it is less grunty.

Edited by Z2TT

• Banned
  • Member For: 9y 4m 5d

your not one of those paranoid about everything type of guys eh?

Well let's just say I have a thing for girls that are into cars, especially turbo's lol. My ex was such a girl.

10646956_639742032813344_707562311971304

Auto?

Try driving it in manual mode and see if it feels the same

Auto. Will do once this rain here in Sydney stops

Check for boost leaks then get it put on a dyno to see the power it's making.

I can tell you, the power delivery of a standard FG XR6T very weird, if I would apply the gas to 90%, it would move but not that fast.

But if I give it a quick punch but to 70% and only to 70%, all hell breaks loose. It took a bit of time to get used to this wizardry.

When cold, it will pull ridiculously hard, and when it warms up you definitely notice it is less grunty.

Was actually thinking about doing that just to see what the car is making right now and if it's performing to optimal levels. You are right about the power delivery with this model, in fact when I first got the car I didn't have a clue on what was normal and what wasn't, obviously with this being my first Falcon let alone a turbo. I never just plant my foot down, I always ease into accelerating until the boost builds up and it would always struggle for traction but the other day it wasn't as noticeable for whatever reason. Like some people are saying, it could just be in my head...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y

I believe Princess is spoken for bud. Don't worry it took me awhile of lurking to figure out Princess was:

a) really female;

b) Wombat Bellend's missus :)

• Like 1