Flap Mod?

wtf22

• Member For: 12y 3m 30d

hey ive finally decided to get my ba xr6t tuned! The guy that has been recommended to me has told me what to do before I

take it to him, ive already done some mods (fmic , highflow cat, atomic valve springs, plugs and coils) and he is saying to put 1000cc injectors, mod the wastegate flap?? and fit a 12pound actuator spring before I take it for a tune. I can find the flaps for sale but have not found any info on how to go about modding the flap, I was wondering if anyone can shed light on this or point me in the right direction

any help would be welcome

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 27d

no idea on specifics...but I always thought it was best done to 'professionals'

I believe they change the flapper to a larger (38mm?) one...and then you need to machine out the hole so it can hold the larger flapper in place properly. (wastegate port & flapper mod)

Also hope you aren't driving the car around with the mods you've already done....

• Member For: 12y 3m 30d

I own a mechanical workshop so can do all that stuff but it helps to see one done first, the mods ive done so far haven't altered the fueling so it should be safe as is, I have taken it off the road to install the valve springs etc and I am going to trailer it to the tuner for ease

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 27d

I thought high flow cat and intercooler would cause overboost? but I'm sure you now more than me anyways :P

and yeh...hopefully someone smarter can pipe up regarding the wastegate port & flapper mod....I don't think there is any tutorials or anything? All I know is if its done sh*t, then it wont control boost properly...

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m

e956ccefc8d7a8c643326ea48ea4df14.jpg

It can be done with a little know how and also depends on how much boost you want to run. I ported my own gate with a die grinder but was running towards 18psi so the porting is less critical.

If your trying to target 12 it may require a little more flow design.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 7m 9d