Buying Hptuners Vcm Suite

rollex

• Member For: 21y 5m 20d

You would be surprised how well it runs in open loop. In mine it runs like stock. If you dial in the injectors properly where the lambda in base fuel matches (the best you can) to actual lambda then you can command whatever lambda you want via the base fuel map.

You can run open loop closer to the lean misfire point in BP98 cause with a narrowband in closed loop needs a bit of room to move above the cross over point (does that make sense)

• Member For: 18y 3m 23d

emissions is the reason,

except for some Direct injection engines which are normally not readily available in Australia due to our fuel quality pretty sure OEM went away from lean cruise due to NOX gases, cars that have it, have a NOX convertor in the exhaust

• Member For: 10y 3m 11d

Yep but in our case there is no good reason to not try it for better economy. An increase in NO compounds for a few random cars won't hurt the environment, when you are talking millions of delivered cars it totally makes sense to not do it though, well you don't have a choice as it won't pass emissions testing.

Edited by rollex

• Member For: 21y 5m 20d

Yes, main reason are emission reasons. They used to implement lean cruise up till the late 90s, after that they were not allowed. Something to do with higher NO2 emmissions. I have got a lean cruise VT supercharged Late model camira and it cruises around the 16:1. Excellent economy. So if you factor into the extra fuel that needs to be manufactured/transported because of not being allowed lean cruise then you wonder whether they have got their numbers right.

With E85 being a cleaner fuel that runs cooler I would think running leaner would still comply. But manufactures still take a while to work it out. They can't even make the latest E85 Compliant Commodores have clean cold starts.

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 3m 11d

So I bought the scanner cable and vcm suite from www.vcmstore.com.au however the item hasn't turned up, no confirmation email and the website is now down. Have I been ripped off? The website made it look like the main australasia reseller??