Buying Hptuners Vcm Suite

rollex

• Member For: 10y 3m 11d

Well that's sh*t if the case.... I'll have to find out.

I tried the beta software and when I do a read it has garbled text for the OS type. It successfully does a read of the spanish oak 1024k so will see what they can do with it.

Support said they supported reading SCT tunes before I bought the product but now they are going back on their word saying generally they don't support any other tunes.

Also with the XCAL if I do a "Return to stock" and pull the file via HPT and make no changes I can then reflash my modded SCT without issue yes?

What I'm getting at is the "return to stock" is reversible providing I don't do a write with HPT ?

Ok that is good to know. If I got my modded tune working (assuming HPT can figure it out) made changes and flashed it then decided to revert to the original "return to stock" tune, would the SCT be none the wiser and allow me to load my modded SCT tune back again?

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 27d

Yes, but you need to return the car to stock and unmarry the Xcal first. If/when you decide to reflash the SCT modded tune, put the PCM back to stock with HPT first so the Xcal save the stock tune as it's stock tune.

• Member For: 21y 5m 20d

I tried to pull a tune with the latest XCAL and it wouldn't. Was pretty sure it was something new.

It does not matter, it just means that you are going to learn to tune sooner rather than later.

We can send you a tune and guide you. Get your stock tune first.

What model are you tuning.