Buying Hptuners Vcm Suite

rollex

• Member For: 10y 3m 11d

So I'm looking at buying HP tuners VCM suite however the AUD sucks balls at the moment making it almost $900 for the software and cable from the US.

Anyone know any way to buy it cheaper? I'm not looking at doing full tuning just tweaking existing tune so the $900 feels almost not worth it by the time I purchase a wideband set up as well.

Is there any reason to buy the pro MVI interface that accepts the wide band input, eg can I do map tracing and show registered AFR for each cell if I buy this?

If not am I better off buying the standard interface and simply logging via the SCT XCAL which I already have? Map tracing that can play history showing me exactly which cell and AFR at the time would be great if possible but not really sure how the software works until I buy it.

Anyone here bought and used these products before?

Edited by rollex

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 27d

Map tracing,no. Histograms showing 3 set of values - Yes. Ie rpm vs boost with lambda in each cell. You need the Pro for a wideband input otherwise you'd only be able to log commanded Lambda not actual. You can also log in table form,gauge form,scope form.

I've had my MVPI Pro for 5yrs. $900 is a steal was over $1500 when I bought mine

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 29d

Have you downloaded the trial versions and had a look at them?

Are you sure your tune is unlocked and you can tweak it?

Hp tuning forum has a bunch of great info and basically everyone on that forum is on this forum anyway.

• Member For: 21y 5m 20d

Get the Pro mate, you will wish you had the wide band input once you start nutting it all out. You think you won't tune now but then you start playing building up your knowledge and before you know it you start thinking this sh*t aint that hard.

OK I'll get the pro then.

Have you downloaded the trial versions and had a look at them?
Are you sure your tune is unlocked and you can tweak it?
Hp tuning forum has a bunch of great info and basically everyone on that forum is on this forum anyway.

I've downloaded the trial and had a brief look, planning on having a proper look this weekend.

The tune was done by an XCAL, how do I know if it is locked?

Edited by rollex

So you plan on sucking the tuners work out and then changing it slightly?

That was the plan yes. I want to tweak the cold start and play with some of the cruise stuff to perfect it, the last 10% that takes 90% of the time if you will.

So yeah if the tune was done in XCAL can it actually be locked? I've been told HPTuners can easily suck out the existing tune and simply tweak that.

Yes/no/issues ?

Can I get some recommendations on wideband sensor as well? Preference is something with narrowband simulation I can install permanently in the dump pipe.