2007 Fpv Tornado Ute - Tinkering & Setup

• Member For: 16y 2m 12d

Jasen and the boys are good, wouldn't pull the wool over the km's.

Nah, it came across as dodgy.

They initially put the wrong transmission in the back of my ute.

The one that I was there to buy had a steel sump pan (ie recent FG).

The ZF they put in my ute had a plastic pan.

It was lucky that I noticed just before I left.

The torque converter - they picked one up that they had sitting around.

Normally wreckers write the car's km on things like the transmission. Not them, so I've got no proof of how many km it's done.

But I can't see how 23,000km can make that fluid so black. The advice from the transmission guy was that was more like 123,000km.

Sure, bulk skids wouldn't help, but I wouldn't imagine that a person that's bought a brand new car is going to be doing that.

Who knows... anything's possible... but I'm skeptical.

Ah well. Car's mobile again. I can resume trying to figure out how to get it licenced.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 5d

Adding to the above, how is it any different to the n/a gear box you have for sale.

You paid 200 bucks for it and now have it advertised for 900 ono, how does that work?

Find it piss poor ragging a blokes business out when you have that sort of integrity in your own back yard.

• Like 1

• Member For: 16y 2m 12d

Adding to the above, how is it any different to the n/a gear box you have for sale.

The NA one that I bought has five clutches. The FG Turbo one has seven.
The NA one was a quick and cheap solution, but its torque converter wasn't suitable and mine was stuffed.
So, time to hit Gumtree and find an FG ZF transmission.

You paid 200 bucks for it and now have it advertised for 900 ono, how does that work?

Just because I buy something for less than it's worth doesn't mean that I'll sell it at the same price. I'll end up selling it for whatever the market value is, and offer to get fluid and a new filter for the buyer at wholesale cost. For price, I'll ask around next week and see what that ZF should be worth.

Find it piss poor ragging a blokes business out when you have that sort of integrity in your own back yard.

The $1,400 ZF box that I bought - I spent that money because it was supposed to have 23,000km on it. I'm not an expert on transmissions - I'm only going by what the transmission guy told me. He was adamant that there was no way that fluid has done 23,000km. I should have kept some fluid and had it analysed.

But when I pay that much money, and make it clear which transmission that I'm after... and they put the wrong one in the back of my ute... that's not a re-assuring start. That made me very uneasy.

Jasen and the boys are good, wouldn't pull the wool over the km's.

If they put the wrong transmission in the ute the first time, then how do I know that I’ve got the right one now?

It’s unfortunate that I’m copping flack here. As with my other Tornado, this car has presented a whole bunch of problems (this car has become quite the nightmare). I’ve been documenting how I deal with each issue. You might not like how I do certain things (ie buying and selling stuff to finance other things) but all I’m trying to do is use some enterprise and initiative to get myself a better car.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 7d

Buying things cheap and selling for a profit is how the world works.

False advertising and selling dodgy crap is how the world works as well unfortunately. Happening more and more, even by the good guys.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 5m 19d

we're behind you, mate. You're always welcome to "tell the story how you see it" as it's you that's effected by this.

With regard to somebody's business, you should at least give the business/person who made the mistake a chance to fix it.

A wise man once said, "it's not how you deal with success, it's how you deal with failures that really reflect your character." (or something to that effect) :)

• Like 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 2d

That's going to be lovely for the valves and solenoids.

I'd say kms are accurate, fordhold have always been decent .... So I'd say it's been in a car that's done bulk skids.

Bulk burnouts. Hell yeh

Phil owns all the ZF boxes and Brembos in Perth

Edited by arronm
  • Like 2

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 4d

But I can't see how 23,000km can make that fluid so black. The advice from the transmission guy was that was more like 123,000km.

Sure, bulk skids wouldn't help, but I wouldn't imagine that a person that's bought a brand new car is going to be doing that..

Perth FIFO kids. Can buy a new car. Mod it. Thrash it. No f*cks given.

Hate to admit it, but I was in that boat, brand new FG XR8 with a dead clutch after 11,000km, why? Because bulk skids and track events including drifting.

Gone are the days of Falcons having "only one responsible owner".

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 6d

Buying things cheap and selling for a profit is how the world works.

False advertising and selling dodgy crap is how the world works as well unfortunately. Happening more and more, even by the good guys.

Where's the proof of false advertising? Trans may have come from a car that towed a caravan around Aus for 23,000km's? May have come from a Ute that carried a full payload for 23,000km's? Etc Etc

Want New quality parts? Buy New, Pay New Pricing.

we're behind you, mate. You're always welcome to "tell the story how you see it" as it's you that's effected by this.

With regard to somebody's business, you should at least give the business/person who made the mistake a chance to fix it.

A wise man once said, "it's not how you deal with success, it's how you deal with failures that really reflect your character." (or something to that effect) :)

^This x 11ty

I've dealt with fordhold numerous times and have nothing but positive things to say about them.