2007 Fpv Tornado Ute - Tinkering & Setup

• Member For: 16y 2m 12d

Were all 4 junk? He said only 2 were 'slight camber' and other 2 'perfect'

Or is he just full of sh*t???

Absolutely full of sh*t.

He knows they're crap, but he wants his $200.

Some sucker will buy them.

Damn long way to drive for bullsh*t, though.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 5d

Im kinda reading all this effort for potential "bargin" tyre sets, based on time/effort and general dicking around why not just buy from a tyre shop.

Good quality 18's for a set can be had for under 1000 bucks, not that much to pay is it?

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 4d

Im kinda reading all this effort for potential "bargin" tyre sets, based on time/effort and general dicking around why not just buy from a tyre shop.

Good quality 18's for a set can be had for under 1000 bucks, not that much to pay is it?

To be honest, I thought the same.

But Phil tends to have a master plan so I'm sure that will unfold soon enough

To be honest, I thought the same.

But Phil tends to have a master plan so I'm sure that will unfold soon enough

I haven't got a set of rims that I'll be using permanently on the car, yet.

The AVS rims that I bought didn't clear on the front, so I resold them and bought some other ones that need repair and painting/powder coating.

I needed a set of wheels and tyres that would a) get the car through an inspection, and b) be usable for a month or two until I get the other wheels ready.

Those are the short-term objectives. As Tocchi noted, I tend to have a master plan for everything.

Hence the need to not spend much on something that has a limited-time use. These are temporary.

The tyres on the ROH rims were on the indicators. Those rims are all 18x8, but I'll end up with 18x9 or 18x10 on the rear, which means that if I bought good 235 or 245 tyres now then they wouldn't be usable later.

Once I get some permanent wheels ready then I'll be getting good new tyres. This thing needs traction on the rear tyres.

For tyres, I want to go with something top-end, such as Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2, which will cost well over $1,000, but I've been reading a lot of positive reviews about the Nexen N'Fera SU1. They're a lot cheaper, but still good, so I might end up settling for them. Not completely decided yet, which was another reason to get something temporary.

I get my brand new 18's for $85 a tyre cheap as.

That's cheap, but they'll be Chinese generic ones (eg Ling Long). Zero traction at the first sign of rain.

Edited by PhilMeUp

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 5d

If they get you over the pits they work, why not have some fitted to the blue ute rims get green car over pits and go from there?

At least you can swap and change with blue/green tornado

If they get you over the pits they work, why not have some fitted to the blue ute rims get green car over pits and go from there?

At least you can swap and change with blue/green tornado

That's what I'm doing.

I don't like low profile tyres. I'm the opposite to everyone else - I want high profile tyres and a more comfortable ride. I don't want to crack a rim every time I cross a railway line.

Blue ute: Currently got 18" ROH rims. Now that I've put legal tyres on them, those wheels will go on the green ute to get through an inspection.

Green ute: Currently has the original 19" FPV Twisty wheels. They'll go on the blue ute, which will be sold. The green ute will spend the next couple of months with the 18" ROH wheels, along with the secondhand tyres that were fitted yesterday.

Long term: I bought some very scratched AVS 18x8 and 18x9 rims last week. I'll get them fixed and painted or powder coated. They look terrible right now, hence not using them yet. They were cheap ($200 for the four) and should look good once I get them repaired and painted.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 4m 3d

Pics of AVS rims ;)

Also if you want the cheapest option...just plastidip them black.

But powdercoat would be better....the cheapest I found was a mob in Malaga who will sandblast and coat for $380. that's supplied to them with tyres stripped....but im sure you'll find some hook up for cheaper

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 4d

Suggest using another place peter, $95/wheel is a rip,

I was paying 45/wheel for 17s and 50/wheel for 18s ... Including sandblasting, priming and powdercoating.

Mob also did engine parts in candy red too :)

ab9320114f2775b0ed688ef495347916.jpg

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 4m 3d

^^^ Yeh this guy always has best hook ups ;)

Should have known to ask you when I tried asking in the WA thread a while back

Ended up spending $70odd for a rattle can job that is sh*t up close lol meh....when I resell ill say "previous owner did average paintjob" lol