2007 Fpv Tornado Ute - Tinkering & Setup

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 4m 3d

3.5yrs old.....so mid 2012....wouldn't think they would be too hard? 5-6 yr shelf life?

I'm looking at mid 2011 tyres tonight (2 has slight camber wear apparently). - $150 and they are sh*tty nexen n6000 in 245/40/18...I thought that was a ok deal???

Was only gunna use them as tyres for when I sell rims lol not my car personally, but for reselling and saying "rims + 80% tyres" lol

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 4d

Put it this way, go through a local small tyre shop. It works out the same price after fitting as they don't charge $30/tyre for fitting

Depends how the Tyres are stored. But usually 3 year old Tyres = easy power skids lol

• Like 2

• Donating Members

I pay $20 F&B.....as long as the tyres aren't complete junk/illegal I.e. the business won't fit something that could screw them later on...

People are dumb these days anyway...most sets I've sold the kunts don't even check dates :P

• Member For: 16y 2m 13d

I'm looking at mid 2011 tyres tonight (2 has slight camber wear apparently). - $150 and they are sh*tty nexen n6000 in 245/40/18...I thought that was a ok deal???

If they're the ones in Upper Swan then they're crap. Don't waste your time on them, like I did.

Ex-Commodore, with heaps of camber wear (ie Late model camira rear end). Not legal.

I was pretty pissed off when I drove 36km from Como to buy them.

But then one of his friends there offered me another set of tyres for $200. Bought them instead.

I've just got back from getting those tyres fitted to my ROH rims on the blue Tornado. Those wheels will get swapped on to the green Tornado over the weekend, and hopefully I'll get the car through an inspection next week.

There's a set of VF Late model camira wheels for sale in Como for $590. Two of the tyres are 80% but the other two are 10-20%. The rims look new. If all four tyres were good then I would have bought the lot and then resold the rims. The tyres are 2013 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A.

There are a couple of other sets of 18" wheels and tyres on Gumtree at the moment. Make sure that you check load rating and manufacture date.

When it comes to selling tyres, people are very optimistic when describing them, ie full of sh*t.

Edited by PhilMeUp
  • Like 1

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 4d

People are dumb these days anyway...most sets I've sold the kunts don't even check dates :P

Then again nor do you ;)

• Donating Members

I think you'll find that rims + tyres is the only thing I know a little about.

Been burnt once on sectional camber wear NEVER been burnt for manufacture date.

K thanks

Edited by PTR_NITRO_FG

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 11y 1m 23d

Little column a and a little column b. But seriously need moar go fast bits to test your ASB. LOL

Jr's middle name is finn though. First name archer after the other carton.

Edited by Bizkets is Drunk?
  • Like 1