2007 Fpv Tornado Ute - Tinkering & Setup

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 6d

They have the same diff/Springs as a ute

No flys on you, you are right, what I am getting at is there is a big fundamental difference between Utes and a wagon. As mentioned by Wiggum, there is a reason why they removed the option of brembo rears on a ute.

Was trying to assist op before it became a reality

• Member For: 16y 2m 13d

any update on this?

I recall tyres were holding you back at the moment?

Finally got a solution for the tyre problem.

I need something cheap and temporary, either 18" or 19".

Secondhand tyres in those sizes are almost impossible to find.

Found some 18s tonight.

I have to return the rims later, but for $200 I bought a set of Pirelli P Zero Nero tyres.

They've got the required load rating of 95 that I need. Falcon sedans require 93, but the utes and wagons require at least 95. That eliminated various other tyre options that I looked at. Tyre load ratings weren't checked years ago, but I'm seeing inspection people check and write down on the inspection form the tyre specifications these days.

They're 3.5 years old, but they're legal enough to get through an inspection. They have almost 100% of the original tread.

FPV_Tornado_Ute_01_13_11_2015.jpg

FPV_Tornado_Ute_02_13_11_2015.jpg

The existing 19" tyres on the front got verbally knocked back due to some inner camber wear. Bugger.

That person is going to help with swapping over exhaust stuff and getting the car through an inspection... legally and legitimately... so not gonna argue with him.

The 18" tyres that I bought tonight will go on the ROH Flare wheels are that currently on the other Tornado (ie the blue one). Three of those tyres are on the indicators, so I'll put these tyres and the ROH wheels on this Tornado for the inspection.

I had been looking for either two 19" tyres to replace these ones, or a complete set of four matching ones to go on the 18" ROH wheels. Problem solved.

FPV_Tornado_Ute_10_13_11_2015.jpg

Edited by PhilMeUp
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 4m 3d

WTF....how do you find these bargains lol Or are you one of those lowballers that gets lucky. (I never see sets of wheels + tyres for less than $350ish....especially if the tyres are good brand name stuff and there not super ugly rims).

What size are those tyres above? 235/40/18?

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 4d

Phil they should work a treat.

Peter, they are about 300 worth those 18s, common Aussie wheels, hard old tyres, probably could get them for 150/200 if you bargain enough :)