2007 Fpv Tornado Ute - Tinkering & Setup

• Member For: 10y 10m 9d

I agree with what you have said keif but fark you say some rando sh*t sometimes. What aftermarket components create more ground clearance on a falcon lol, whilst maintaining stock height or even moar low. Coz I'd be interested in these parts

Edited by barnz

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 5m 19d

It was an overall statement. There may not be any easy method to do this with Falcon's, but there's plenty of other makes/models :)

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 6d

It's all about the 5 gas test. Modify the exhaust in any way and the car needs to pass a 5 gas test - it will fail with the aftermarket cat. I need to avoid the 5 gas test by putting on a standard dump pipe and cat for the rego inspection.

Hence my suggestion to do so. You'll also need stock injectors and injector values and fuel maps plugged back in if you want to guarantee a pass, plus you'll need to tone the boost down as they may run it into boost when they run it up.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 2d

Whats the go with the pits now. In 2011 the Nizpro car went straight over AS IS. And they dont come much more modified than that.

• Member For: 16y 2m 13d

Whats the go with the pits now. In 2011 the Nizpro car went straight over AS IS. And they dont come much more modified than that.

Any modification to the exhaust system requires a 5-gas test.

Most stuff in the engine bay is just a matter of paperwork (eg pod filter). The engineer isn't sure if the Plazmaman intake will require more than paperwork (ie 5-gas test).

If the Nizpro car had a non-standard dump pipe, cat and mufflers then it should have gone through a 5-gas test. Sounds like they might have found someone who turned a blind-eye?

Plenty of dodgy inspections were going on a few years ago, but Dept of Transport got onto it and kicked various arses. All vehicles that were inspected by certain people were then recalled to be re-inspected by someone else.

Maybe I'll have to go through a country drive one afternoon through some country towns and see if I can find someone who's not as fussed as Perth workshops.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 2d

I was there. It was fully inspected by a Perth pit at oconnor . All I did was take the 9.5 inch rear rims off. Sucks you have to go through so much effort