External Wastegate Plumbing And Boost Controller

Duz360

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 26d

If the boost pressure line blows off the Eboost it will cut boost. If it blows off the wast gate well there's not much any over boost protection is going to do because if it cannot command the waste gate to open if it cannot supply boost pressure to the gate?

Rev limiter will stop the engine revving out?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 15d

Ray076 and myself have used GFB's "Boost Fuse" for possible wtf moments which work extremely well but I have bought one of those ugly Nizpro overboost valves (NOB) cheap so will fit that one day to the F6X but that's mainly for the ZF spike...

• Member For: 11y 19d

Yeh this is for people with big pressure springs in the wastegate so my 7psi spring with no pressure supplied to the wastegate ports is forced open at around 20psi due to so much pressure in the manifold pushing on the wastegate valve so therefore if you have a big spring on your wastegate like say a 14psi or more spring and the hose breaks it may take up to say 30psi before the pressure in the manifold can force the wastegate open. Say goodbye to your motor in this situation if the ecu cannot pick up that it has spiked to this much boost and cut spark to save the motor. A car with 25psi springs in the wastegates could spike to 50+ psi pretty quick and the ecu would be none the wiser of this happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member For: 11y 19d

Yeh this is for people with big pressure springs in the wastegate so my 7psi spring with no pressure supplied to the wastegate ports is forced open at around 20psi due to so much pressure in the manifold pushing on the wastegate valve so therefore if you have a big spring on your wastegate like say a 14psi or more spring and the hose breaks it may take up to say 30psi before the pressure in the manifold can force the wastegate open. Say goodbye to your motor in this situation if the ecu cannot pick up that it has spiked to this much boost and cut spark to save the motor. A car with 25psi springs in the wastegates could spike to 50+ psi pretty quick and the ecu would be none the wiser of this happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk