F6X (Fpv66X)

xr6bfv

• Member For: 16y 20d

thanks guys :)
selling the GTR as its just so much money, everything is so expensive for it, and I can buy a house.
reason for the F6X is nooooo not a family haha, im 24 lol, as I was going to use it to tow my new track car once I get rid of my GTR, but might just have the F6x and mod it instead.

im not keen on going anywhere near 350kw as its not going to be thrashed, the T51r is because I love the sound, had the same on my GTR and I think it would be cool on my F6x.

GREGO 77 it will be awesome to see some results of you TT. and not so much that it might have a smaller turbo, im pretty sure its a 3582, but with a .63 ar so comes on boost real quick but has nothing above 3500rpm :/
correct T4 to vband I think is an adapter I will need.

yes as typhoon engine, doesn't need valve springs
only the ba models had crappy valve springs

oh tell me about it, the heat soak the TMIC gets now is a joke, after a 30 min drive its almost untouchable its so hot.
im pretty sure a 400x450x76 mm intercooler will fit in the front without cutting things. that's why I rung plazmaman and got the dimensions from them, as theres is bolt on with no cutting.... im pretty sure???

• Member For: 9y 9m 25d

I couldnt find an ic that size as I done the same thing when speaking to them. They all pretty much stop at 300H in the Chinese versions... There is a core 500X400X76 $360 ebay which Im thinking might fit but will still have to do some cutting. The cutting is really needed for the cold air intake even on the plazmamans set up. I spent 3 days wondering how im going to do it with the front end dissembled and all I could work out was to move the battery to where the air filter box was and run a sheet metal set up behind the drivers side head light similar to what you can buy for around $500 for sedan models (another rip off) . I spent months looking for a FX6 and the day I bought mine I was booking a flight to qld to look at another one. Iv seen your one getting around the Camden Area or I think it was yours and I thought... sh*t they look good in white. Flew down to Tasmania to look at a white one several months back but it had been in an accident and it wasnt repaired properly (hope that's not the one you've bought?) I picked up mine for only $9500 its only a TTG from auction so im not to concerned with cutting into it but I hate rough workmanship and I like to keep my vehicles looking as original as I can. Iv gone even one step further. Iv purchased a Plazmamans complete kit just to see the difference. The curiosity killed me and $$$ out of pocket. I used to build engines but have never built a Turbo or an injected engine and I havent built an engine in over 10yrs apart from sports bikes so Im learning what everyone is forgetting. A 450x300x76 core size should fit without cutting. Problem is nearly half the ic is covered by the front bar which is why I went 100mm thick. Iv read one guy ran an FG cooler turned upside down but I dont know what his results are. Im guessing not that great cause no one keeps their stock fg ic. Im going to run both set ups and see what the intake temps are running a $150 ebay special to a $2400 Plazmans set up. Ill post results when done. Should be over the next 2 weeks. A real good test would be if I do end up buying forged rods/pistons/turbo blue printing the block and put some serious psi through it to see where each fails. At this point of time Im leaning towards the ebay special will perform pretty well under standard boost and maybe even after a 12psi tune. Only time $$$ and elbow grease will tell.

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 12y 4m 9d

^this

If you really want the sound of a t51 get a t04z cold side on the standard gt3540

Keep the amazing sounds. Bolts on(ish) and sell the t51

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 10m 20d

I was looking around for coolers and ended up getting a 400x400x76 for around 180 from eBay which they marketed for a rx7. I'm hoping to be able to buy the plazmaman hot side piping and make up my own cold size pipe (unless theirs will fit as well)

Good luck the territorys are underrated and a sleeper that can still be a family car

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 10d

How the fck have I missed this topic? Prob because OP hasn't been on since 11 Dec! lol

I've got basically a PW stage 3 IC (early version) bar and plate with custom stainless steel intake system fitted to my F6X. Intake temps are generally 8C above ambient up here in Nth Qld!

Edited by bjc

• 3 months later...