Diagnostic Code B1251

TXR6U

• Member For: 9y 10m 24d

Hi everyone.

Just picked myself up a manual 06 BF XR6 Turbo Ute and absolutely love this thing! All I can say is what a difference in power compared to my old (but still owned) 98 Honda Prelude... It fit my budget and was exactly what I needed.

This car is perfect. Apart from the error code I got when I took it to my mechanic to have the ECU scanned. As I was driving the check engine light came on and knew it was an error code because mechanically everything was still fine. The code is B1251.

Diagnostic Trouble Code Name: Air Temperature Internal Sensor Circuit Open Input floats.

I've tried searching on this forum and on Google to no avail. There is a thread that contains this code but no solution or pointers. The bloke I bought the car off said he just had the MAP sensor replaced and if I disconnect the battery and reconnect it the check engine light goes away - which is true - but I want the problem fixed.

Also, my utes temperature gauge seems to stick on a quarter cold and sometimes creeps it's way up to halfway over maybe a period of an hour but then drops back to a quarter rapidly, if that has anything to do with it I don't know.

Thanks in advance, any pointers would be good. Rather buy the part and fit it than taking it to my mech and get him to find what the issue is and charge me up the wazoo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 10y 8m 23d

the temperature is fine ,mine does the same . the coed error I would phone up ford to see what they have to say about it . they would know what it relates to ,I would think . best of luck with it

• Member For: 10y 6m 3d

Funny thing. The engine light has disappeared and everything is in perfect working order. Should I be concerned or just leave it if it's not broken anymore?

• Like 1

the temperature is fine ,mine does the same . the coed error I would phone up ford to see what they have to say about it . they would know what it relates to ,I would think . best of luck with it

Thanks for the pointers on the temp gauge! Different to my Honda lol!

• Like 1