Fg Xr6T Aircon Is Rubbish

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 28d

I have an fg and my Aircon is sh*t. Compressor doesn't kick in half the time. Common problem apparently

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 7m 25d

Same,

Not real impressed with how quick mine cools the cabin (FG MKII), but had the temp etc checked and everything is definitely cool enough.

Just doesn't seem to be performing as good as expected.

• Member For: 10y 6m 3d

I have a low KM FG Pre-facelift, but Euro4 model. The fan blows hard on max without a problem, it does take a while for the fan to ramp up after climate control is activated after being turned off, no big delay at all.

The problem was with how cool the vent temperature got on warmer days.

I took it to the master technicians at my Ford dealer to perform checks on any common problems, modules, sensors etc, all which were confirmed to be working fine.

However the vent temp was still substandard at many times, still cool to do the job but the best way to describe it would be "cold enough to say it has A/C". So after confirming the car had no been leaking refrigerant, I removed the R134a and re-gassed it with R290/R600a (Hychill), it is now very cold on a 35 degree day.

hi, who did you get to put in the hychill? or did you do it yourself? PM me if you like

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 12d

Have you all got decent tinted windows? Makes a massive difference, decent shade on the front helps keep the heat out too.

Driving all day in the middle of summer mine is plenty cold, don't even need the fan blasting.

• Member For: 15y 10m 17d

My air con in my 2008 T has been "OK" over the years. Replaced the outdoor temp sensor last month ($130 from Ford) and you would not believe the difference much much better! Really cold and more efficient. Even on the couple of 40 deg days recently it worked and worked well..

• Member For: 10y 6m 13d

Is the outdoor temp sensor referred to above the same one that gives the outside temp reading on the ICC? If the displayed outdoor temp is correct (or very close), can I assume that the sensor is fine, or is their a separate sensor for the displayed temp?

My outdoor temp display is correct (or close enough - always within 1 degree of the current temp broadcast on the radio), but my aircon is crap.