Fg Xr6T Aircon Is Rubbish

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 2d

no such thing as coincidence imo. Had a fraud dealership fry a twin plate AP clutch.

100 + ks rod testing , instant fuel 60+ and rubber under the guards. All for a routine service.

I got a bill for $5.5k and that's when the fight started

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 28d

Yeah but you had evidence I don't. Anyway I can't see how they could have stuffed it unless somehow the turbo didn't get oil after or during the oil change. Seems odd.

• Donating Members

Anyway we are hijacking this thread. I have a thread on the turbo over here

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/91156-Turbo-Might-Be-Stuffed%21' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'> http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/91156-Turbo-Might-Be-Stuffed%21

Edited by norrs

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members

So I went back to ford for the Aircon. I've had two century ultra high performance batteries in the last two years and last week I got an pc925. Still hasn't fixed the issue. It's worse if anything.

So the idea at ford was to drive my car in, flash it back to stock, get them to do the optional software update to lower the voltage cutout for the Aircon. Anyway ford agreed over the phone but when I got in there and spoke to the boss he said there was no such thing as an optional update that did that.

They plugged their computer in and said there was nothing to update. I found this odd as it is a 2010 fg that has had a custom tune for 4 years. Anyway he checked the Aircon and said that there were not faults. And that the PCM was telling the compressor to kick in but the compressor wasn't. But still not fault. I told him that it would only kick in if I would go WOT Down The road. Anyway they gave up and tried to blame my tune, even though I've had three tunes from three workshops with all the same problem.

So as a last resort I'm considering taking the car to an auto electrician to Hotwire the Aircon so I can turn it on manually. The guy from ford agreed that this might be my only option!

• Member For: 12y 1m 1d

Just throwing out there but the evaporator sensor was a common problem. Ford was probably talking about the a/c disable stradgey calibration. There was a tech talk about it.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

• Donating Members

Just throwing out there but the evaporator sensor was a common problem. Ford was probably talking about the a/c disable stradgey calibration. There was a tech talk about it.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Mate I don't follow. Can you tell me a bit more about this? Where is it and what does it do? How do I fix it?

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 20d

Norris, surely there is something that ford can do. Why not call ford directly and get them to help, cause the dealership is useless and has no idea what they are doing.

That is why I stopped going to some dealerships in perth.

I only go to one dealership and even then, I don't trust them.

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members

Ok so my update is:

Connected an led light to compressor. The light turns off when the aircon is off and on when it is on, so I have eliminated it being a bad coil in the compressor.

What we also noticed is that my fans aren't on much at all. My mate thinks that may be part of the issue.

Has anyone got a wiring diagram for the fans and aircon for an f6 2010. I have an aircon guy looking at it and he wants to know how they interact. He thinks the fan should be half speed without aircon and then full speed when compressor engaged. Mine don't seem to be on much. They also used to run for a minute or so after the car stopped now they don't.