Fg Xr6T Aircon Is Rubbish

• Member For: 12y 4m 24d

One issue is that the FG's Evaporator is around 30% smaller than the BA/BF so it's ability to cool the interior air down is not as good.

Second issue is high side pressures get way too high during low speed cruising on hot days - in this situation I have been able to get up to a 5 degree vent temp drop by modifying the cars electrical system to have the fans run at full speed during A/C operation.

Edited by Z2TT

• 3 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 28d

Ok I have been watching mine for a while now. Aircon still not working correctly but what I have noticed is that when it isn't working, I can get it to kick in by flooring it to at least 5000 revs.

I heard low idle can cause the alternator to not produce enough power so some people rev it higher. I can drive around all day on 4000 revs in manual mode and the Aircon still won't kick in. For me it only works if I floor it!

But even then often it only kicks in for 20 seconds or so, then the compressor turns off again.

I'm going to rig up my multimeter to the battery and go for a drive so I can monitor it in the cab.

I've got to fix it, my wife is getting really pissed at me spending thousands on horses and nothing on the Aircon.

• 3 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 28d

Well this is my update. ford tried to blame the battery again even though it's my second ultra high performance battery from century (I own two now thanks to ford)

post-12481-144230883712_thumb.jpg