Fg Xr6T Aircon Is Rubbish

• Member For: 11y 7m 24d

The outdoor sensor in the passenger side mirror does the displayed outside temp yeh. Mine was wrong so I changed the sensor. While the displayed temp is now correct there was no improvement to my aircons performance

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 4m 25d

So whats the correct amount of deviation?

Mine can be between 3-7 degrees off at times...so would that mean faulty indicator and better air con performance then currently available; once replaced?

• Member For: 15y 10m 17d

So whats the correct amount of deviation?

Mine can be between 3-7 degrees off at times...so would that mean faulty indicator and better air con performance then currently available; once replaced?

Mine was reading reliably 6 deg lower than it was outside and has been for about a year of more. The sensor I'm told does connect to the AC but how I don't know. Maybe they did something else to the AC when they replaced the sensor, but there was definately a marked difference. Wheen the OS temp hits 37 deg it automatically switches to recirc to improve performance. Even on those hot days you could hear the fan decrease speed once it got cool.

• Member For: 12y 4m 24d

The outside air temp sensor should not be influencing the A/C's performance when you set it to max cold. Really it would only be used to know what the outside temp is to determine how much to open the flaps to mix ambient air with A/C air to maintain your set temp on the ICC.

What you need to check is that the compressor is not cycling too early for whatever reason.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 26d

Do you guys that are complaining drive autos?

I found they rev that bloody low for the sake of economy the a/c is a bit ordinary when it's really hot. Used to drive in perf or manual mode to keep the revs up until the cabin cooled down then it was sweet.

Same deal with the territory now. At idle it'll have the radiator fans running at full speed on anything over a 30 degree day it seems, if it just raised the idle speed slightly it'd be so much better.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 28d

My air con in my 2008 T has been "OK" over the years. Replaced the outdoor temp sensor last month ($130 from Ford) and you would not believe the difference much much better! Really cold and more efficient. Even on the couple of 40 deg days recently it worked and worked well..

Where is this sensor located.

Update on my issues is:

Took it to ford to check. They said my 4 month old century ultra high performance battery ( like 630cca) needed replacing (quote $210 to replace) as insufficient cca causing Aircon to cut out.

I was like stuff that, I went back to repco for warranty on the battery. They found it only had 400ca and needed to be replaced. I charged it overnight and then the next morning Aircon was perfect! But the following day it was working 40% of the time again.

Back to repco and lodged a warranty claim. They said it had to be sent off to be verified. I therefore had to buy another ultra century battery so I could drive home!

New battery had Aircon working fine for 24 hours then Aircon even worse now, only kicking in 20% of the time.

I think something is draining my battery and causing this issue. Car starts fine and battery seems fine but it gets low cca. Maybe it's too fxxking hot in Darwin for it. I don't know.

Anyway been thinking this morning that my electric fans run on flatout for a bit after I turn the car off. It's always done that so not sure if it is normal. The more I think about it I think that maybe what's killing my battery's. Checked all relays and they are fine.

My question is, how long should the fans stay on ( if at all) after I turn the car off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD