Aami's "new System" Doubles My Excess Payment.

timetaker

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 23d

These bloody insurance companies are at it again!

I've been with Aami for approx. 20 years.The last claim was an accident that happened 16 years ago which was determined not my fault.I actually haven't any claims

that have been my fault.This year they decide not only to increase my premium but also my excess from $625 to $1,200 !

The reason given to me was that this reflects the new system especially for cars like my FG F6 and the excess cannot be changed.

I am classed in the "Diamond" category(the highest)of their "Safe Driver status",that says I am entitled to a large discount.

I have a lifetime rating one with AAMI.I understand that premiums tend to increase year after year but I just cannot stomach the ridiculous rise in the excess payment.

So much for loyalty.

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 19d

premiums should actually decrease year on year as the vehicle depreciates.

I have the same "status" as you do. With AAMI 15 years

BF F6 ( not FG)

Total premium is $725.00 with rental car and other options.. All mods listed on policy.

At fault claim ~ 9 years ago ($18k damage) Previous phoon

Agreed value $24 800

Always found AAMI brilliant to deal with.Repairs top notch always helpful and great follow up.

Ring em up

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 19d

wouldn't be bleating with that agreed value.

When the Ts first hit the market not much if any change from a grand

I recall a $1200 premium in 2004 with mods

• Member For: 11y 7m 25d

Same here. Been with aami for ages then they thank me by doing this. I Rang other mobs and they all are doing it now.somehow I had the feeling aami knew I'd be back. Robbing bastards the lot of them

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 7d

I recently swopped from a long term with AAMI to SGIC this was based on the fees jumping up out of no where like u said just on the FGF6

I ended up getting the FGF6, house 1, house 1 contents, house 2, landlord insurance and for more values than AAMI for monthly costs of just the f6 through AAMI

Yep saved a packet big time !!

Only thing is ive not had the luxuary of claiming with sgic yet but AAMI did have a brilliant rep when I had a prang that one time..... Sometimes a hassle free claim process could be worth a few $$$ if u get the run around

Hopefully I dont have to try it out any time soon

• Like 1

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 13d

Dirty fckers. I've been with AAMI since my first vehicle and they've been brilliant, now on the highest whatever rating with free rental car and windscreen etc. so don't really want to change. Think my policy renewal is next month so will soon find out. :pinch:

Problem is Suncorp own a heap of them now (AAMI included) so they're all the same.

• Member For: 11y 6m 12d

Same thing happened to me mate, premium went up heaps and excess over doubled, I told em to change it or I'll leave and they wouldn't/couldn't do anything so I went with another company. Boycott em.