The Best Day Of Owning My Ute Was.....

Verve

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 24d

lol so you're not willing to provide a comparison to justify your pissing and moaning either?

Where are the fan boys with rose coloured glasses?

Bang for buck they are great vehicles. That's a fact. Like everything there is the occasional fault but I've owned enough falcon variants to realise that is not the norm and most definitely no worse than other makes. Ford's dealer network does tend to let them down though.

Ford have not failed in Aus. They still sell a sh*tload of vehicles, unfortunately they are mostly imported these days like the other manufacturers.

• Member For: 11y 9m 11d

Sounds like you really did have a rough trot. That's a shame because they're not all duds. I myself have not had to deal with service centers or after sale service. I'm guessing this was part of your troubles.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 7d

Sounds like you really did have a rough trot. That's a shame because they're not all duds. I myself have not had to deal with service centers or after sale service. I'm guessing this was part of your troubles.

Pretty much yes.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 7d

Pissing and moaning.... Did I hurt your feelings?

And I have a few cars if you need to know.

New Prado Kakadu and a 993 911 in the shed.

• Like 1

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 12y 5m 15d

I've been lucky enough to never deal with Ford themselves

I went to one dealership and they just smelled fishy.

I hate dealers anyway.

If the car breaks down (which mine hasn't yet) it's pretty easy to fix. These are simple motors

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 8m 21d

Pissing and moaning.... Did I hurt your feelings?

And I have a few cars if you need to know.

New Prado Kakadu and a 993 911 in the shed.

I will take the 911 of you ,no wonder that you think the ford was a sh*t box . the german made porsche is just a fantastic build car .you just can not beat quality made german cars

as they are build with passion ,not like the australian car that is build like the saying (she will be right mate ) that is the real problem with australian made cars .

.even a Hyundai is a better build car than a ford or holden , what a shame as I have bought many australian cars but got to admit that when I bought a

Hyundai it actually was better build and the service was outstanding compared to any other brand I have ever owned .

• Like 1

• Member For: 19y 10m 8d

Yeah I can understand where the OP is coming from. For what it's worth my GS is turning out to be a monumental frustration. Suspension and tailshaft issues primarily.

I can't remember where I read it but I found it funny. Struck a chord with me and IIRC it went something like " some cars are designed, while some are just put together". My ute certainly falls into the latter category. The engines are fantastic, but the small things really do let them down. Hopefully my issues will be resolved in the next few days, because if they aren't, there is a brand spanking new Mitsubishi EVO with my name on it.

• Like 2

• Will do skids for food
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 15d

I'd have to agree with the OP to an extent as I have my own issues with shoddy build quality and incompetent mechanics at the dealer.

I do love my ute though, and plan to hang onto it.

So even though I have gripes, it's not enough to make me get rid of it.

Well, that and the 500+ hp at the wheels.

• Like 2