1000Cc Injectors, Can I Drive To The Tuners?

rollex

• Member For: 10y 3m 11d

How good is the closed loop on the BF XR6T, will I able to drive my car to the tuners on very low revs keeping it in closed loop with 1000cc injectors, or will it run like a dog? I remember when I went 370cc to 740cc on my 2.5L skyline it drove absolutely fine in closed loop mode before I got it tuned.

Cheers

Edited by rollex

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 10y 3m 11d

Do you guys know personally as a fact it wont start, eg you have tried yourself? Or you think it won't start, I thought the closed loop O2 control would sort the injectors out pretty quickly ?

Reason I say this is my skyline with a primitive 1980s ECU had good enough closed loop control to run fine even loading it up (well out of closed loop afaik) and then went 8:1 rich as soon as you got any decent boost into it (massive black smoke and misfire). At idle and cruise there was no black smoke, missing or issues at all, literally as if it had come out the factory.

Edited by rollex

• Member For: 21y 5m 20d

700cc injectors start with stock injector parameters. But I dont think your gonna get far with 1000cc inj.

Just buy HP Tuners, chuck in the injector data, adjust overboost, adjust one line in the timing map and you are ready for a thrash. ,