Xr6 Turbo For P-Plater <Merged Topic>

jEtONiT

• Member For: 15y 8m 22d

Ha... nice work Daniel. I'm 35 so was lucky to miss out on the driving restrictions. If I was 19 like you though I can say most definately that I wouldn't stand for these P Plate laws either.... not a chance! There's always a way around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 8m 6d
Ha... nice work Daniel. I'm 35 so was lucky to miss out on the driving restrictions. If I was 19 like you though I can say most definately that I wouldn't stand for these P Plate laws either.... not a chance! There's always a way around.

yep that's exactly it mate where there is a will there is a way and I am covered by insurance too so long as none of my mates drive it and I wouldnt trust them anyway haha just dont go silly and you will be fine

• Member For: 16y 10m 29d

Lifes a gamble, Just gamble it and dont show your P plates and obey the road rules and try not be noticed by the police =D

• Member For: 15y 6m 18d

I have been told that if you have a letter from you boss to give to vic roads with good reason for work purpose requrieing a higher power to weight than allowed on your p plates , is there any one here that has done this r is it a wife tail, if people have could you detail how you did this thanks mntxr

• Member For: 15y 8m 10d

As long as you claim it's necessary for work, it's fairly easy to get approval.

I know a guy on his red Ps who got approval to drive a Mercedes AMG claiming it was needed for work. His reason was that he was a financial consultant and needed to look prestigious when visiting clients. He got his boss's signature and it was all good. This was in NSW, I'm sure it's not too different for Vic.

It also helps if the high powered vehicle is the only vehicle that you own.

Edited by NB4C

• Member For: 16y 1m 22d

The fact of the matter is you arn't legally able to drive a FPV on your P plates.

The new P plate laws don't allow you to drive anything force induction/v8's. ( Red plates ) apart from like a smart car/volvo.

Green P platers can drive high powered cars as long as its subject to 125kw per ton.

If you have a smash in a FPV, which the insurance company knows you where driving it on your P's or the police are called and do a report you where driving it.

YOU WON"T BE COVERED!

If you have a minnor dint in the shopping center car park and say your dad was driving you will be fine.

I admit its wrong. Insureance companys will still take your money and "Cover you" but your not covered.

It's just a expensive gamble.

Remeber its not illegal to own a FPV on your p's its just illegal to drive one.

For all the insureance company knows you have the vehicle locked up in your garage or use it as a mock up drive-in in your TV room.

that's why they get away with it.

It's like if you had a smash if you where drink driving.

The fact of the matter is if your not legally fit or not ment to be driving.

Your not covered.

Edited by f68u

• Member For: 16y 1m 22d

Also with this whole " in my dad's business sh*t"

The process is so long winded it isn't funny.

You have to have letters from ex about of mount of people to back up your claim.

Plus I've herd they even send a Vic road rep on site too

They will only give it out if there is no one else to drive theses vehicles full stop.

Alot of guys doing apprenticeships at caryards try to get it and they can't even.

I tryed back when I was 18. All you needed was a letter and a ABN number.

Hence you used to see alot of 4 year apprentice driving around in new SS utes.

• Member For: 15y 8m 22d

I love SA :D

304.1 Kw's on my P2's and no attention whats so ever

...but na be responsible, drive low and slow past people and when u have an open pass go for it!

Pce

S.S.