Nizpro Fg Intercooler

ripped6

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 17d

Arronm there's no boost curve on either graph to determine what boost is commanded in at what revs. What I do know is that it runs 1psi less boost and it picked up 14rwkw and 100nm. I was also under the impression that if the boost was commanded earlier then you would expect a lower maximum power figure as the turbo will be generating more heat for a longer period?

Back to back run data and/or data taken from the strip should help to prove or disprove this cooler.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 22d

I didnt say what boost, I said when. I dont need a boost graph to determine when its coming on. Not picking just making comments. Comparing the two graphs shows the new tune to be bringing on the boost quicker and that's what gives the shove in the seat. My car is tuned the same way. I like it, BUT its not the best to get the power down.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 8m 5d

After talking with Simon yesterday the boost duty cycle was taperd down at start due to boost hitting to hard and shredding the tyres on rollers. The car was also fitted with an 8psi can over the 14psi can it had. We had to do the same on mine and bring it in gradually. See you at next street meet Ripped? You can use my et streets as im doing plenum on mine atm

• Donating Members

Torque line indicates boost is ramped in harder on the second graph

I dont doubt that you're correct rednose. My arse on the seat says the same thing

I didnt say what boost, I said when. I dont need a boost graph to determine when its coming on. Not picking just making comments. Comparing the two graphs shows the new tune to be bringing on the boost quicker and that's what gives the shove in the seat. My car is tuned the same way. I like it, BUT its not the best to get the power down.

just out of curiosity did you find you lost power in the top end by bringing the boost on harder and earlier? Hopefully I can get the back to back run data soon and that will provide for good discussions as it was meant to be running the same boost as when I ran it up a few weeks back.

After talking with Simon yesterday the boost duty cycle was taperd down at start due to boost hitting to hard and shredding the tyres on rollers. The car was also fitted with an 8psi can over the 14psi can it had. We had to do the same on mine and bring it in gradually. See you at next street meet Ripped? You can use my et streets as im doing plenum on mine atm

Cheers Jon, I'd like to run my street tyres just for a more direct comparison first and I would really like a 10sec pass on them. after that I might put on the ets :)

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 18d

Jarred well done and it cant ever be apples for apples because of the hardware/tune to see the real "gains" off this new cooler but I do not doubt for one second jon's cooler kit is humping the nizzy one in the bum for total and end IAT's and rwkw's

The tune looks incredibly agressive and will either destroy the zf or hold together for a solid sub 10.5 pass

Keep the chit rubber for as long as u can and itl keep the zf alive longer ;)

• Like 2

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

A quick look at your graph to mine shows my peak torque at 2900, yours comes in at 3800. I make about 30kw between 5 and 6. I am only on P100 and make just on 400.

What turbo do you have.

Edited by arronm
  • Like 1

• Donating Members

Jarred well done and it cant ever be apples for apples because of the hardware/tune to see the real "gains" off this new cooler but I do not doubt for one second jon's cooler kit is humping the nizzy one in the bum for total and end IAT's and rwkw's

The tune looks incredibly agressive and will either destroy the zf or hold together for a solid sub 10.5 pass

Keep the chit rubber for as long as u can and itl keep the zf alive longer ;)

Lol Jet, hopefully I'll have more info soon. mph (as I doubt I'll hook up) should help tell the story. I definitely plan to run my sh*t tyres as that's what I did when I went to the drags last so it will be a fair comparison. zf just has to survive until then. I have been waiting for a tune this aggressive for ages, but none of the tuners I've visited have seemed inclined to do it... until now.

A quick look at your graph to mine shows my peak torque at 2900, yours comes in at 3800. I make about 30kw between 5 and 6. I am only on P100 and make just on 400.

What turbo do you have.

I run a GTX3582. though I do make peak torque 200rpm earlier in the rev range than what I did prior to fitting the cooler obviously boost does comes on earlier though. I also have upgraded to 3in hotside and colsdside piping. 2900rpm is pretty crazy, must toast tyres almost instantly. what turbo do you use? is yours a manual or auto?

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

Manual and STD F6 turbo. Boost is like a light switch , as soon as it comes on in 2nd or 3rd instant wheel spin. Its useless to try and drive it quick and get traction , but I dont drag. Its awesome for drifting though. My cruise buddies can testify to that...... OH and the police, they witnessed an nice on ramp exhibition as well. I think they were so impressed they let me OFF.

Edited by arronm
  • Like 3

• Donating Members

yeah I bet Arronm, my last FG was a manual (had full boost at 3100rpm) and I had the nizpro stage 3 kit on it (GT3540 turbo as well). Used to dump it in 4th at 60kms and just toast the tyres. was the best fun, got smoked by all the autos though lol. I bought a new FG (with a ZF) and swapped the parts across and the difference between the two was night and day. The zf robbed so much power and the power curve was so pathetic that I outright hated the car (same tuner used). Since replacing almost every part except the exhaust and changing tuner the car now feels very much like my old manual in terms of aggressive boost but without the slow gear changes.