Cost Of Retune

K3THOU

• Member For: 18y 7m 1d

Just curious what you guys are paying to get your cars retuned by your tuner? I had car tuned initially and it was found fuel pump was letting power down. Put new pump in a got car retuned. Im rapt with change in car. All up took two hour to get job done...

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 1d

shouldn't be too much given it's a "tickle" personally the minute the pump was identified as the

problem I would have had the tuner upgrade it before any further tuning.

$200 - $ 300 guessing dyno time only , really depends on how a good a customer you are.

ie did you buy the pump and have it installed by the tuner ?

do you have other work done by the shop ?servicing, parts etc

most service industries support their regular base business. Blow ins full retail first time

depending on the job

Edited by Buf-Phoon
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 10d

I used to get charged full retune everytime I went back :/ quickly moved tuners!!! Now I've had a few re tunes and haven't paid any where near what a full tune costed me. If it's on the dyno for a hour or two I would expect to pay for that time -$100 -$150 hour!!! Anymore and that's STIFF

• Like 2

• Member For: 12y 7m 27d

Had car tuned and it was leaning out because of a pump issue. I told tuner I would replace the pumps myself and he said "no worries, I won't charge for fixing up the tune"

A few things got in the way and didn't get back to tuner until 3 months later and he still honored his word :)

• Like 5

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 2m 19d

Had car tuned and it was leaning out because of a pump issue. I told tuner I would replace the pumps myself and he said "no worries, I won't charge for fixing up the tune"

A few things got in the way and didn't get back to tuner until 3 months later and he still honored his word :)

Name & shame him!

• Member For: 18y 7m 1d

It was my decision to go as far with the stock pump so no blame there on tuners behalf. I changed pump. Was charged $495 for retune. I just thought it was a touch pricey, considering time it took.