Peppy's Build Thread

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 15d

It's just an Innovate Motorsport analogue gauge... But the eboost peak recall was 30.4psi...

Hmm thinking about that, I wonder if the eboost has a 0-5v boost output so I can log it with my MPVI...

Are you coming for the cruise on Saturday Veva?

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 26d

Holy sh*t, 30lb. That's a lot of air. How much power do you reckon your making joe? 550?

This is what I'm trying to achieve.. There's a lot of hear say about these turbos, they won't hold any more then 27psi, they won't make 500rwkw, etc... Yes it's out of its efficiency range, but it will do it... I want to max out the stock cams and manifolds then design some cams and possibly even make up my own turbo manifold

It's essentially choking the motor up top, that's why it still comes on strong but makes peak power around the 5000-5500rpm range and peak torque down around 2500-3000rpm... I can't wait to get it on the dyno for some solid figures.. But 140mph on 22psi suggests mid to high 400's so I'll be disappointed if 30psi isn't into the 500's

I also had a good look at the race air box and I'd doesn't seem to be able to get much fresh air? In comparison to how much the turbo requires when it's doing 100,000+ rpm.. I'm thinking of drilling some holes... Has anyone ever done any dyno comparisons with the lid on and off?