Rapid System New Hot Side To Intercooler Does Not Fit

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 14d

My DIY airbox took about 4 hours of measuring, cutting, bending and painting. Then you need to find the piping, and joiners, and hose clamps.

I dare say that one took a little longer as it's a nicer finish, mine was just a slap together to close my pod in

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 13d

My DIY airbox took about 4 hours of measuring, cutting, bending and painting. Then you need to find the piping, and joiners, and hose clamps.

What's your labour rate for the 4hrs spent to produce it?

• Like 1

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 14d

That was just mine, I'll be outsourcing the fab work to a close friend that's been in the fab business a long time. Obviously costs will be cut down because I'll be asking for bulk work off him. I don't think it will take them that long, as they have a laser cutter/huge bender. Maybe 2 hours a piece tops. Haven't worked out labour per hour as I don't even have a finalized template for him to work off, that's the last thing I need to do

• Member For: 11y 9m 4d

Mine took 3 hours which included making craft wood templates so the next one can be made really quickly if I ever have to do one. But like I stated we have bandsaw, guillotine, hydraulic bender which cuts down time considerably. Mine is also 4mm aluminum and all screws are taped 3/16 countersunk so it looks really neat will post pics when I get it back from the coaters.

post-55071-140245626581_thumb.jpg

• Member For: 18y 4m 9d

you should now your actual cost of labour before doing anything and then the cost associated with making them, otherwise you may be going backwards by selling them cheaply, many business's fail because they do not know their actual operating costs when pricing a product or service, it's fine to say it only took X amount of hours and maybe $50 of metal, but to sell and recover costs/make a profit or a wage, you need to know, good luck with it all and look forward to seeing the product get out there

• Like 4

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 17d

What he said, however costs are usually generated at a point in time.

They never remain static, things change, COG's wages and other market factors are volatile.

If you rely on a static costs to start a business you will more than likely be screwed.

Good forecasting will reduce your exposure. Lock your suppliers in on cost FIS

Trading terms are critical..

Budget your worst case as a model and see whether it is actually worth it.

You must have operating capital with some fat.

Otherwise you will be arse raped by the bank manager.

That is without getting into a full on demand chain conversation

• Like 1

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 5d

Do it my way.. Run your own business..

Then decide that full time employment is far more agreeable solely because some other *beep* gets to do the paperwork..

Then just keep negotiating salary increases by threatening to open your own business again..

• Like 4

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 17d

another consideration, doesn't mean it's necessarily correct..

maybe you meant if? Too late if your nuts are swinging already.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 17d

It's already been said but I thought about things like making gauge pods etc, but when it comes down to it, to keep it at a good price I worked out I would probably make $15-$20/ per hour (no profit just a wage) and for all the effort and money I have to outlay, I could just take up an extra shift at work every week (obviously not as easy for everyone, but you could work one night a week at the local pub, come away with more coin and much less stress)

But don't deter, once you work out all the costs etc, if you see it as being viable go for it. At the end of the day all the other companies started like yourself so it can be done :)

• Like 4

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 2d

You could go work for the defence force! I saw multiple people working there side jobs while getting paid ATLEAST $65k a year to do fck all... One nice bloke I worked around was welding and storing his own alloy party boats at work! And using most of the army's equipment of course...

If you ain't shopping army than your paying to much!!! (or words to that effect)