Stripes. Gets Dowen'd

.Stripes.

• Member For: 11y 6m 24d

Well the only proper standing start we had Marco had me, just...but as Steve can attest, I did light up the first 2 gears haha. Roll-ons were fairly even, but I reckon Marco would just have the edge, especially given his car shoots flames haha! Wasn't much in it though...until you put some corners into it, then GT wins :)

Sounds like fun! I reckon you'd start reeling him back in at high speed like 150 plus or something.. I find at the drags the v8s gain a little more ground right at the end against my stock car anyway

They got the revs we don't :)

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 6d

Yeah long term I think I'd pull on the turbo 6...either way, pretty happy that stock I can roll with a 310rwkw turbo, given the torque advantage the turbo has.

I still loved Marcos reaction when he stuck the boot into it when he was driving the GT haha...safe to say I think he understands what all the fuss is about :)

Edited by .Stripes.
  • Like 1

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 20d

I sure understand what the fuss is all about. it is the whistle that gets you every time.

The note from the exhaust was not as loud as I expected it to be, which was good in a sense.

Driving from behind she does goble goble like the XR6, but no Flames.

That is your problem Dan. I reckon when you take it in on the 7th of Nov, you should get it tuned!!!!!!

Then I won't have a chance in hell. There were times when Dan had an advantage over me and then there were times that I had the advantage over Dan.

The only opportunity we had to run from a stand still at the lights, I had the advantage with Launch control.

Put the foot down to 3500 rpm and then dropped the clutch. The GT had no chance.

On the roll on's I noticed that the GT had the low down advantage to take off, but once the turbo kicked in...... I just started to reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel him in slowly.

I must say that I am absolutely impressed and over the moon, in regards to the handling of those Shockworks suspension set up.

It is next on my list of mods to do. it will actually improve my handling, but more so the tire grip.

Thumbs up to Dan and Steve for an awesome night last night. It was quite enjoyable. Pity about the poo poo Dan.

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 4m 17d

I just read this thread and geez they gave you a bit of stick!

See what I did there.

Anyway a few pieces of this forums puzzle fell in place for me.

I actually don't mind the smartarse baiting, I even enjoy it and sometimes say things to encourage it just for a laugh.

• Member For: 10y 9m 30d

I remember dowen, cause every time somebody quotes you for some odd reason it shows your xr6 as your pic, on tapatalk it does anyway. Memories.

I had a job then..

• Like 1

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 6d

The poo poo? It wasn't that exciting was it Marco?

He meant po po. I had a cop do a u-turn so he could tailgate me to try to get me to speed or race or whatever it was he was hoping I'd do...saw him coming a mile away so had cruise control set at the speed limit. He eventually got bored and made another u-turn.
  • Like 1

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m

I think most coppers generally apply the "no dickhead" rule.

Had a roll on with a HWP car just north of Bulledelah from the change

of limit from 40- 110ks backed off at the speed limit.

Got a toot , thumbs up and"goes all right" and off they went

no doubt well in excess of the 110k limit.