Stripes. Gets Dowen'd

.Stripes.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 24d

Yeah...im in same situation as Marco

Got mine replaced around 80,000kms under aftermarket warranty. Seaview were kind enough to supply nolathane instead of OEM bushes...NFI part # but was done late 2013 IIRC

Im at 116,000kms and I think they are still fine? I drive like a nana most times as well...I hear the odd knock at random times...but im a noob and could be any random thing in the rear end lol (usually only hear it sometimes when taking off hard)

Backlash has always been there (as in high revs letting off accelerator quickly)..and read that that's normal? I.e. all auto xr6ts do it?

Other NVH from rear I never noticed...but yeah...I have so many other random issues I just turn up the radio a bit and drown it out until I have pennies to fix stuff

Ignorance is bliss right? :P

Sorry cant be of more help Dan!

• Member For: 12y 3m 24d

Marco how is backlash like on Nolathane compared to stock.

Stripes I remember you said that you had aboslutely no backlash in your car with stock bushes one time?

Edited by Z2TT

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 20d

I can hear the clunks every so often, but they are not as bad as what Dan has right now. Dan has been in my car and reckons he cant hear it.

When I give it WOT, I dont hear it at all between gear changes. When feathering the throttle at low gears is where I notice it more.

Not that bad and I am use to it by now. Keep in mind that this is my daily and not a weekend car like yours.

Borris want to go for a drive?

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 6d

Yeah no backlash at all with stock bushes in the GT, that was what I found surprising coming from the turbo.

Pete, have the Nolathane bushes eliminated your axle tramp? As in if it's wet and you accidentally spin the tyres has that hammering noise that sounds like the diff is trying to come through the floor of the car gone?

Marco, I think I need another drive of your car tonight

Edited by .Stripes.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 6d

iv never had axle tramp. and I thrash the living sh*t out of my car.

Which bushes are you running again biz? And is your car manual or auto?

And yeah Luke, it's such a shame they didn't do some form of redesign in there somewhere.

Well either way, I think I might just give these new Nolathane bushes a go...gotta be a heap better than what's in there at the moment! If I still don't like I'll go drive some other cars.