Rear Of Car Knocking From Stop Fg Xr6T

simpled88

• Member For: 10y 7m 26d

Hi all,

I have had a look around but I haven't come across this yet (or if I have I didn't get it cause I'm still learning about everything). So the story goes... when I drive long distances I notice the back of the car has a bit of a knock happening. I cannot pin point it yet but I know it feels like it is coming from the back. The knock only happens when I accelerate from stop (no other time does it happen) but only happens for a couple of meters then its fine. Its not a violent knock just more of a wobble. Now if I take it to a mechanic I know the problem won't happen cause it wont have been on a long drive (by long I'm talking 1hr+) so I have come on here to ask to see if anyone has had a similar problem or knows what they think it might be. My car is a 09 FG XR6T auto.

Thanks.

thanks for the reply, let me know if that helps it or if the bushes are shot. Is your problem happening the whole time or on after long drives? I thought if it was the diff that the problem would happen the whole time but I dont know too much about cars yet haha.

• Member For: 10y 7m 8d

I had a fg xr6t and it was horrible for knocking specially if launching the car from stand still soon as the wheels spuns bang thought the arse end was going to separate from the vehicle haha and had a slight little knock upon say pulling up at a set of lights.

Diff bushes fixed it but returned a couple of months later

Edited by kieronf84

the only thing I don't understand about it though is its only happening after an hour of driving so when the car would be faily hot. I thought if it was the diff it would happen every time I drove it? how much am I looking at if it is the diff bushes roughly?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 25d

Sway bar links tight?

Also, even if a centre diff bush is just replaced with a new Ford one in these cars, sometimes they are dead within months anyway.

After market superpro is the way to go.