Dose Pipe Help Brisbane

kieronf84

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 22d

Yes, a friend of mine has gone to extreme lengths to get the "perfect" dose, he's had around 2 dozen different sized/length intakes and found that a 45degree bend 100-120mm from the snout and then another 150-180mm to the filter.

This is all irrelevant as you can only fit one size in the falcon, 90degree with the filter on top and don't hit the bonnet lol

Unless you get a kit that either relocates the battery or moves the IC pipes and goes under the battery...

• Like 1

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 30d

have even less room with a 0.7 front cover, 4 inch pipe just refuses to be shoved down in that little hole haha! theres pretty much only one way in or out if you have a turbo side intake with 4 inch from front cover to intake, unles you have Kevs' specially moulded joiner.

• Member For: 10y 6m 8d

So 90 degree pipe 3 inch's wide, pod filter, remove and block bov, and the little hose attached to the back of the bov vacuum line I think block that what do I use to block that as I tried a screw when I had my xr6t f*cker blew it out.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 1d

Why don't you try block of the bov first with $10 worth of door stops and clamps and see what you think of that first? If you don't know much about cars then chances are the flutter will suffice as dose and save you a lot less hassle

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 27d

Or smash 15 PSI down the thing with a stock BOV like I have and get a decent flutter AND a faster car, hahaha.

• Like 1

• Member For: 12y 3m 25d

Hi mate, I get your point about people hijacking threads I guess some guys just need something to keep life interesting.

It all depends exactly what type of flutter sound your after, Start with just removing the vacuum hose off the recirculation valve and blocking it off with a thick tight fitting screw so it doesn't blow off.

I regard the FG as having one of the crispest sounding doses ever, it's tame and bassy at low boost, and sharp at higher boost, my favourite is at lower speeds just getting the turbo to come on but with a tiny bit of boost, then it results in a continous waterfall echo type of noise, especially in fast food drive throughs.

Your F6 Turbo might sound a bit different as I have a FG XR6T but see how you like it

Remember to use a thick screw that fits with lots of friction.

To amplify the noise even more there is many things you can do - there is intake muffler delete pipes you can buy and this would give some more added noise and change the tone. They replace the intake muffler - it may be possible to make one yourself but there is one readily available :

https://www.plazmaman.com/shop_itemdetail.php?itemid=87&cate=29

If you are looking for a really loud sound you need to have a turbo side intake, you can experiment with different lengths and material of pipe as they are all going to affect the sound - Just ensure you run a pod filter and ensure the pipe is extremely clean as you dont want to damage your turbo and engine.

Edited by Z2TT

• Member For: 12y 3m 25d

When you remove the vacuum line you dont need to do anything to the port that you just removed it from, as the air leak will be on the vacuum hose you just pulled off, block it with a tight fitting screw.

You don't need to touch or remove the valve itself, because it uses vacuum from that line to pull it open when you are off the throttle, so removing that line will disable the function of the valve.

Edited by Z2TT