Traction Control Issues

nik7

• Member For: 11y 12d

Wasn't really sure where to post this so thought id start here,

I'm having problems with my traction control, car isn't tuned and it's a bf mk2 xr6 turbo

After driving for about 5 minutes the traction control light comes on and when I press the button it won't go away, only goes away when I shut the car off. It also when going around a left hand bend feels like the abs/ traction control is kicking in and the front end starts shuddering and wanting to brake and the traction control light start flashing but after about 5 seconds it goes away.

Iv cleaned all abs sensors and scanned it with just a obd2 scanner and nothing has changed. It's happened ever since iv had my car (3 months) so it's nothing that I have changed on it that has made it do it, any help is much appreciated

• Member For: 11y 6m 6d

Did you get any fault codes from the obd2 scan?

I had the same problem (fg) and turned out my battery was the culprit. But others have also found their brake light switch was playing up and caused similar problems

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 29d

My BF II does the same...based on my experience it would most likely be the steering angle sensor.

I don't know of many other places other than Ford or possibly Heasmen Steering in Tempe (Sydney)...that can actually recalibrate it.

The symptoms you describe are what happens to my BF when I take it out for a spin every so often.

I have had it re calibrated a few times under warranty and once out of warranty but within a few months it always comes back...

I would suggest you get a wheel alignment and make sure they straighten the steering wheel so not only are the whels straight but the steering wheel is straight too...

This in itself might bring the steering angle "0" position within tolerances and get rid of the DSC light.

If not then Ford will be able to do the zero calibration for you.

• Like 1