Drive Tech Trans Cooler Installed

Xr6govroom

• Member For: 11y 27d

Hi I just got my trans cooler installed into my 04 Ba xr6t yesterday its a H/D drive tech which is a quite long but only 1.5cm wide so it allows to my believe air to flow through it so it also hits the inter cooler it also is 2inchs off from the top of the lower bar so u can fit a hand just under the plate and touch the IC. I did ask him will it affect my cars performance coz It sit in front of my IC and I know the IC will need good air flow to work efficient he told me it wont and that he installed many like these into ppls turbo falcons.

so im posting it up showing you what they did and would like to know or get any feed back to how it looks or if I could have done it differently mind u the whole set up was $500 installed I was quoted $1300 for trans cooler with its own fan and that wouldn't sit in front of it.

also another note I gave her a boot full today seeing how hot the cooler got and didn't get hot at all so air must be flowing in nicely plus car feels like it pulls stronger and the gears hold nicely with no slipping at all mind you the car only has done 100300ks on it.

post-72320-0-55892800-1394852732_thumb.j

post-72320-0-84453500-1394852746_thumb.j

post-72320-0-81700200-1394852755_thumb.j

post-72320-0-97386100-1394852769_thumb.j

• Member For: 11y 27d

yeah was kinda concern having the stone guard in place as I thought it will restrict the air flow plus having the trans cooler in front of the IC aswell I message the guy asking if he still had my stone guard and hopefully put it back on to protect it

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 10y 2m 22d

Hows it all holding out mate?....

I feel the need to do something to my xr6t ute....

I am just fishing atm and going to look at seeing if I can run a v8 radiator which has a stainless tank for the cooler I believe...!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 17d

that's a very wide trans cooler! Doesn't look like you have a cooler that goes up into the top grill so personally would have put it there and not blocked the front of the intercooler at all.

My drivetech cooler is taller and less wide, I put it behind the fog light because no room in from of the cooler lol

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 14y 9m 21d

In the process of getting the box serviced, and will fit air/oil cooler at the same time...but unsure what brand, drivetech or furious...is there really any reason to pick one in particular from the other ?(to be mounted up front wit the standard inter-cooler)

Cheers

Just to add, have read numerous info with ppl having no issues running either cooler. Currently thinking Drivetech as its a bit cheaper.

Edited by hrick

• Member For: 14y 9m 21d

Ended up getting the Drivetech for $195, as oppossed to the Furious $330 + $13 delivery (saved $148 which goes towards transmission fluid). The drivetech is just slightly smaller than the furious but does the job fine by all accounts.