How Do I Get A Better Time On The 1/4

Poelwyk

• Member For: 13y 1m 7d

hey guys I wanna imporove my times on the 1/4 ill give you guys a vid of one of my runs .. and the time slip info and the power dyno sheet of my car and have a look and let me know...

I know its the issue with getting off the line how would I better this can I get a launch contol fitted or tuned into the car? will this help me?

Dyno sheet!

1011033_10151872139466367_1233341207_n.j

VID

SLIP INFO

Reaction time: 0.756

0FT : 2.1617

330FT ; 5.6564

660FT ; 8.5086

660MPH : 91.07

1000FT : 10.8781

ET : 12.839

MPH: 119.81

car is Manual also what can I do

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 22d

Car is a manual? Struggle...that's what you'll do!

Your 60ft time is where you lose the most time so you need to try and drop that. Fitting a launch control or a two step is going to help get it off the line with boost but there is a very good chance you will break thing easily since the clutch either has to be dropped hard or slipped alot. One way will kill the axles and diff, the other way will destroy your clutch. This was my results anyway.

Since these things are so heavy a manual drag sedan has not been very successful with the IRS rear. Have you tried circuit racing? lol

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 8d

It's all in the launch and how strong your clutch is. I managed a 1.8 60 and went 12.3 with same power level. But that was stressing the clutch heaps. Also wait for cooler temps and it will go quicker

• Member For: 13y 1m 7d

my clutch is a melwood op3+ diff is a turtrac with upgraded axles the weakest link in the drive line is the clutch and factory 5 speed tail sharft

and I fully expect to destroy or stress the clutch but I accept that its just the way it is

Edited by Poelwyk

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 7d

suspension will help with traction, I went from a 12.95 to 12.53 by just supension changes on my stock manual f6 (map wood opt 3+ clutch helped to). Left off launch limiter dropped clutch and managed to hook up.