Zf 6Sp Holding Revs

***VX*R8***

• Member For: 10y 11m 4d

Hi,
I own a 2011 G6E Turbo with about 80,000kms and was wondering if it's normal for the transmission (ZF) to hold revs after giving it a bit in normal Drive mode?
I know it does this in Power Drive mode but unsure if it's supposed to in normal [D]

The car is standard besides K&N filter. No tune etc.
I've noticed it happen a couple of times now after giving it a bit and then backing off at about 3500-4000rpm it will just hold the gear/revs for about 3-4 seconds. The car is still under warranty and I don't believe it's had an AT fluid change.
I do plan on a fluid change and flush with LG6 ($$$ :ermm:$$$) after the warranty period expires.
Thankyou.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 7m 25d

Yeah mine does it if you take your foot completely off the accelerator because the car thinks you want to slow down . So to avoid it I don't completely back off I just lightly keep my foot on the accelerator and the transmission shifts to a higher gear . But I never usually even notice it because any time I accelerate hard I shift manually and just grab a higher gear just as I go to back off and it makes driving a lot smoother

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 6m 25d

I think the idea is (if you're driving a bit harder) the box thinks you're probably slowing down for a corner, so holds the gear for you.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 7m 25d

Yeah that's it , makes for a better drive in the twisties, holds the gear for when your exiting the corner . Good for when your lazy and dont want to shift manually.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 6m 25d

I think that's correct, not sure if it's angle or rotation speed that's measured though - even slightly different diameter tyres (eg old vs new) can cause some havok