Fg Xr6 Na Turned Supercharge, Need Help With Diff Gears!

revbasher94

• Member For: 11y 10m

Hey guys ,

Last time u heard of me I was trying to do a turbo conversion..

2 Months ago I went ahead and put a vortech centrifugal side mount in it along with a water to air intercooler,

The car got done but since my fg was a mkII (series 2) it didn't go smooth sailing ... The aircon lines were moved around and some

Other bitty things too like the PCM had to moved to a certain angle and the intercooler had to be dropped a few mm's because the struts were making contact with it or some thing... Over all the blower n intercooler, new f6 fuel rail was put in, new intake

And plenum

And etc were also added in along with fuel pump, now

I am waiting on injectors which are hopefully gonna be sent in next few days which took

Me

3 months to find with help of

CAPA because the stupid na has a plastic manifold and the injectors has a very peculiar nozzle at the tip which makes standard aftermarket injectors useless...

For you guys asking power output she is putting out 340rwhp on 10 psi, just under 600nm of torque,

This is a decreased tune due to the injectors not fitted in and therefore the timing belt was cut to 5000 rpm to avoid detonation until injectors come and get put in because it was leaning off at 5000+ rpm,

The car goes well but it just isn't taking off the line and accelerating to the potential it should be at the least and I believe my problem

Is not only a sh*t tune until injectors come in but rather

My differential... It has the standard m80 which has a useless ratio

Of

2.73:1... I can keep up and beat maloo and as but only by a small

Margin which I am guessing because I'm limited from

My diff... So my question to u guys is how can I change them to get 3.46

Or something greater while using the standard diff I have already to

Make the car accelerate quicker so I can actually use and feel the power better

If you guys can help me out it will be great ill out pics of car up now of the hood and what it looks

Like if u want dyno sheet aswell give

Me

Some

Time

So I can block out the plates n etc

Btw ppl I may be the guinea pig but according to CAPA and 3 ford

Performance shops here in Perth I own the first fg xr6 mkII supercharged in Australia and wa:) so

That makes me smile through all these issues haha

Here's a vid a few pics of my baby ATM

trim.9E551D03-A50C-4BAC-AB8F-67A13138255F.MOVpost-54077-0-34260800-1390312735_thumb.jpost-54077-0-51770000-1390312788_thumb.j

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 4m 29d

If it's an auto you could throw in a high stall. 2500 rpm or 3000rpm would be awesome. You will have to pull the box to put loctite on the flex plate bolts anyway.

It's an auto the ad 6 speed, I saw on the Internet there was a true trac after market crown n pinion upgrade from the tuffcarparts website, and if I want a high stall converter how does that work and how will it affect acceleration and also the life of the engine and transmission?? I also heard that with the amount of torque I have it's easy to warp the tail shaft or something?

The standard driveshafts are stronger then the turbo driveshafts, diff gears will increase your fuel economy as the engine is reving higher all the time. A high stall will allow the engine to rev higher when the car first accelerates which will get you on boost faster.

Okay then how much would a high stall cot for my car? And I emailed the site tuffcarparts and they said they have 3.7 and 3.9s for my diff but haven't put them up on the website list at the cost of 550, how much would it cost approx to fit either a high stall or a new crown n pinion into a car like mine as in hours of work? I would love to do it myself but I am limited to the amount I can do myself and on top of that I don't have the tools unfortunately hahaha

I would say about the same time, although with the power your running you will have to pull the box in the future to tighten a loose flex plate, due to ford not loctiting it's mounting bolts. <br /><br />I recall a high stall will set you back about 1200-1500, and that is machining your old one. But call CMS or your local tuner for pricing.<br /><br />Do XR6's come with lsd's? If not then you will want a try trac in the future aswell. So you could end up doing both jobs.<br /><br />The high stall will also put more load on your driveshaft, where diff gears won't affect driveshaft load at WOT and anything under WOT there will be less driveshaft torsional stress. <br /><br />Depending on the size of your wallet, will depend on what gears you want, I would go the high stall to keep fuel consumption around normal. And 3.7:1 if your wallet is a little thicker, 3.9 if you like getting 400km per tank of fuel while cruising and like frying tyres almost instantly on take off :)