Rear Wheels Not Centered

michaelhardy

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 27d

If you have the mk 2 like me, adjust brackets... We test fitted 20x11+30 and still had 1cm either side of wheel. Then we test fitted 20x12+25 and all sweet.

Will post pix once wheels arrive.

• Thanks 1

• Member For: 11y 11d

Thanks for the feedback fellas, really appreciate it.

I've worked out that the there is 13mm difference between the wheel to the passenger compared to the drivers side, fairly small offset from the other stories I've heard. That should make it a 7.5mm adjustment to square them up.

I've had a bit a bad run getting these leaf's fitted, the initial place were I bought the package fitted the RH Leaf to the passenger side of the car (it does have a huge bloody sticker saying R/H and L/H on them? The second lot changed them over but still couldn't line them up without the offset so I thought I'd take it to the people who make them.I live close to the King Springs factory with a fitting bay on site. They believe they can sort this small difference out with Nolathane saddle bushing's, seeing the OEM ones look a bit worn. Good people at Kings who seemed genuinely concerned that the tollerance wasn't close to perfect.

I'll get them to check that the pinion angle is set correctly while it's there (when I was there they mentioned that they do make a set of leafs that changes the roll angle of the diff slightly - might investigate this further, from what I've read here autos have some issue when lowered), thanks DW260 for the advice!

If I can't get it centered I'll try your advice Pazzo and adjust the barckets (seems like a bigger job, but Ill do it if I can get it centered), thanks for that!

20 x 12's mate that is some big rubber, looking forward to seeing the pics!