Rear Wheels Not Centered

michaelhardy

• 6 months later...
  • Member For: 12y 3m 26d

My right rear tyre rubs on the chassis. Original wheels and tyres and no suspension mods.

Had the diff replaced under warranty a few months ago (had to wait until the bearing noise was unbearable before they would do anything)

Dealership pretty much didn't answer any questions I asked about the problem.....

Going to try again

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 27d

Well I fixed my problem... FG Mk 2 have adjustable support bracket on rear gaurd.

We took tub liner out, undid bolts and moved bracket in 2.5 inches. Plenty of clearance now.

Will try to post pics.

4511FCBC-F9DA-4F88-A80F-31C7B9C91724_zpsyhxpeuwd.png

821ACD9A-8B62-4BCE-A514-AA9596371098_zpsgk5hn6io.png

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 11y 10d

I have come across the same issue with my 2012 MK2 FG XR6T Ute.

The tail sharft is out by a long way. I had this car recently lowered and this issue became pretty obvious.

I bought this car with 30,000 on the clock so I don't know the history before this time, but we cannot see any indication that the car has been put on a car aligner or been cut.

The wheels are slightly out and closer to the passenger side so if I managed to slide the locating bolts in the diff over in the rubber saddles it would put this even further out.

3519tsx.jpg

3519tsx.jpg

I'm getting it measured up next week. But I think that in the end the I'll be putting the OEM suspension in and taking it back to Ford.

Edited by Nosedog

• Member For: 11y 10d

So DW260, do you think this is the way Ford are aligning the diff's in FG utes and is normal?

Could save me a lot of hassle if this is how they set up the diffs. I'm close to putting the OEM suspension in and taking it back to them.

Cheers

• Member For: 19y 10m 8d

Yep, sure is. The pinion is off centre, and I'm guessing that's why they have chosen to use two CV joints instead of universal joints. I wouldn't be concerned with the way it looks, just make sure the pinion angle is set properly.