Buying A New Fg Mk Ii

coreys912516

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 3d

yeah, I'm thinking the last FGs might be a better bet, and perhaps by the time some tuners have done R&D on the FH only to find out they aren't as good to mod, the last new FGs might be gone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m

is the heavily facelifted FH (a la VF commie) job arriving mid or late next year?

I read it was going to get a new 6sp auto, but is this just going to be Fords version/licensed copy of the ZF instead of an actual ZF box?

I also read that depending on demand they might not even continue making it until 2016. Sounds like a stupid waste of money developing new front, rear and interior for less than two years of sales. they should have just kept the FG and released FG mk3 with boosted power outputs and an XR8.

From the stuff I've read (so don't take it as Gospel), the FH is due in Q3 2014 so between July and September.

As for the ZF, it's still supposed to be the legit ZF for the performance variants (XR6T, G6ET and XR8) and they are stockpiling ZF 6HP26 (rated for 600Nm) models for this as ZF stop making them at the end of 2014. There was an article from quoting some ZF rep as saying they were negotiating with Ford on how many they would be ordering in 2014 as Ford had indicated they would stockpile them and were estimating their sales of the performance variants. The rest of them (XT, XR6, G6, G6E, etc.) that currently use the ZF 6HP19 (rated for only 450Nm) will get the 6R60 I think is the model number which is the Ford version of the ZF.

As for Power, the rumors are that the XR8 will inherit the 335kw V8 engine currently in the GT-P and GT-E while the XR6T and G6ET will inherit the 310kw I6T currently in the F6. Ford have already done the R&D for those engines so the rumor is they'll use them as a selling point for the new models as not just a 'looks' overhaul but also 'new' engines.

• Like 3