Suspected Gearbox Failure, (Ba)

nzsheepshagger

• Member For: 10y 11m 6d

Hi

Im pretty sure my G box is buggered, considering the issues im having,

- Big delay when you put the car in reverse takes a damn long time for it to actually engage

- Bad idle, car rpm bumps around and car shakes quite badly, happens at a stop in D or R also

Can anyone please shed some light on this, im truly lost at first I thought it might be missing or something but after noticing the delay in reverse I put two and two together.

Would be a good excuse to upgrade the box haha, but anyway a rebuilt box can only be a good thing considering I plan on modding this to around 300rwkw. The car has a very good service history 1 lady owner with all services done on time or before, Then again I think 150000km intervals between services is stupid on a turbo car.

Cheers

• 3 months later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 10y 7m

According to the condition you described it shows that the problem is with the transmissions of your car. The most complicated part of a car is its transmission making it most bank breaking too when comes to repairs. May be its just because of rubber kit or problem with the bearings. you must have to go to a good mechanic for check it.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 2d

Get someone with experience on these cars to have a look at it. You could have any number of problems. The trans is a very expensive place to start especialy if it doesn't fix your problem.