Cooler Swap & No Retune Test = Dyno Results

Saski

• Member For: 16y 25d

Blacktop test done tonight at Calder.

Average MPH over 6 runs is 110.60 with just the capa cooler. Best ET. 12.86

Previous runs with F6 cooler under 'similar conditions' (kept my timeslips) showed average MPH as 108 and best ET of 13.24

I believe using an average for this comparison is more accurate than just ripping the best timeslip.

So just the intercooler swap has not only improved cooling but also proved it on the track....without a need of a retune.

I cant complain with the end results :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 11y 11m 19d

will a bigger intercooler make more power on a factory tune? I installed a 800hp plazmaman intercooler a week ago on my stock fg with factory tune, honestly seems to go harder, gets a lot of WOT action and no lights have come on as of yet. Even managed to keep up decently with an e92 m3 today. Me thinks it goes a little quicker, will try and go out to drags and see if I can better my 12.8

Edited by sct911

• Spooling Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 19d

Don't you need a tune before you drive with the new cooler sct?

• Member For: 11y 11m 19d

who knows, I still drive it hard, no lights have come on so far. Cold side is mixed piping .you gave me too many pipes and silicon hoses, it's confusing lol. Pipe number 4 is smaller than all other pipes, have no farking idea where number 10 goes, one of 12 or 13 silicon is smaller and only fits the smaller number 4 pipe, number 9 pipe doesnt fit because its made for aftermarket airbox :S

• Spooling Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 19d

I think some of the silicon hose may have been hot side abd outlets which was replaced with black pw ones

• Member For: 16y 25d

will a bigger intercooler make more power on a factory tune? I installed a 800hp plazmaman intercooler a week ago on my stock fg with factory tune, honestly seems to go harder, gets a lot of WOT action and no lights have come on as of yet. Even managed to keep up decently with an e92 m3 today. Me thinks it goes a little quicker, will try and go out to drags and see if I can better my 12.8

Just get it checked on the dyno to be sure there are no boost spikes given its a serious cooler you have there. Also the larger piping can affect the flow on these engines