Kumho Ku19 Tyres.

Brendotec

• Member For: 11y 1m 29d

Hey all, looking at getting new boots, non directional, for the FG. Tempe tyres are selling 245/35R19 Kumho KU19s on eBay for $179ea plus freight. Has anybody dealt with those guys?? Quality of their stock ok? Any advice appreciated.

• Member For: 11y 7m 8d

I bought the same ones off them about a month ago now once the payment had cleared the goods were sent the same day and arrived about four days later me been in Perth. Can't fault the tyres at all, I can't remeber the date on them but they were produced this year so their not old stock that has been laying around.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 1m 15d

Have the KU19s very very quiet, way better than the factory dunlops way better traction in both wet and dry on my G6ET... Try Taleb but they didn't stock them when I bought so I went to Tempe and they were great. Mine were 2 months old....

Edited by gsd112
  • Like 1

• Member For: 11y 1m 29d

Thanks for the replies everyone!

So, the ute had scrubbed out Sp Sport Maxx on the front and Achilles 1's on the back when I got it 2 months ago. All were made 2010. Achilles on the back were purple and full of hairline cracks, useless in the wet. Swapped the Dunlops to the back, and they actually have some grip! Seems the Achilles rubber has gone off, Dunlop rubber still ok.

I priced up Kumhos, ku19, ku31 and ku39 at 2 Bob Janes, one does the tyres for my workshop, checked my local to see if see if the first lot(my service advisors son) were ripping me! lol

Kumho Ku39's were $320(trade) at the place I deal with at work, and all Kumho's were $300 at the one near my place(didn't even ask for trade discount) Also priced up Altenzo Sports Comfort at both, $145 at first place(trade) and $176(retail) at the second Bob Jane.

Would rather some Kumhos over the Achilles and Altenzo's, so will check out Taleb tyres for a quote too!

Thanks for all your help! :imsohappy:

Brendotec

• Member For: 12y 2m 27d

I got the ku19 on my ba xr6t, very well gripping, and wearing, however they are a little noisey after 5000k's, (got about 15000 on em now) compared to the hyflies cheapies I got on me commys those are quiet as! ive herd good things about ATR tyres though