Tuning Stock Xr6T

Ropata94

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 26d

Ohh thanks mate big help, yeah I just wanted to know, cause it flutters. Sounds neat, but I heard blocking them isn't good for the engine and car, it can cause backfire which reforces the air back into the engine.

Over 100,000km on my BFII with 15PSI of boost through the stock BOV (210,000+ overall kms), makes big flutter and I haven't blocked it off, it just can't vent fast enough. Turbo still going fine, and I make it flutter every single day.

When it was stock, I could get the tiniest amount of flutter if I loaded it up in 2nd or 3rd, and shifted up at the same time as getting off the throttle...gear changes cause a boost spike to 9PSI, stock. Closed throttle at the same time to make it do it. Was barely noticable though!

Very good work buying the car yourself mate. Avoid binning it into a kerb or rear ending someone, keep it serviced well ($$) and it will give you lots of boosted love in return!

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 11m 28d

Yeah mate it's understandable.. Most of us want to protect what's ours.. How heavy on fuel are we talking? and have you measured at the bowser? or are you trusting the computer in the car to tell you?

I actually don't know about the bowser? What is it? And I use my trip to tell me, but sometimes I'm unsure cause the fuel range it gives me with how much kms I have left drops a few k and I've only literally got off my driveway!! I filled it up on standard unleaded a few days ago and so far I've done 173kms (according to my trip) and I've got 267kms left? Now youse tell me if this sounds normal haha. I know the ford turbo models are heavy on fuel, there not the best, but I think my bov is causing my fuel to drop aswell as my low-profiles? Is it true that having aftermarket chromes on low profiles are a cause your car chewing fuel?

Just want to know thanks guys

• Member For: 10y 11m 28d

Over 100,000km on my BFII with 15PSI of boost through the stock BOV (210,000+ overall kms), makes big flutter and I haven't blocked it off, it just can't vent fast enough. Turbo still going fine, and I make it flutter every single day. When it was stock, I could get the tiniest amount of flutter if I loaded it up in 2nd or 3rd, and shifted up at the same time as getting off the throttle...gear changes cause a boost spike to 9PSI, stock. Closed throttle at the same time to make it do it. Was barely noticable though! Very good work buying the car yourself mate. Avoid binning it into a kerb or rear ending someone, keep it serviced well ($$) and it will give you lots of boosted love in return!

Thankyou so much that's very helpful! To be honest I didn't know you could change and release the throttle at the same time to produce a flutter? Deffinelty going to try it! I brought mine with 117xxxkms and I've done 2000 so far. How much boost can the stock engine handle? Mines running the standard 6psi according to my turbo timer, is it possible to run it higher? Can the stock engine handle higher boost?

And yes thanks on the feedback, and driving it through a brick wall is the last on my mind. I think because I brought it with my own money, I appreciate it a lot more then the other younger p-platers the get there money else how. I take into consideration that I'm lucky to own one and I always get told I have a too nice of a car for a first timer haha. Let's just say flogging it is the last of my plans I like driving it with pride and enjoying the ride :-)

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 8m 19d

Oh

you are from WA

mate, I am so sorry. lol just kidding

Bowser = petrol bowser/pump. you know, the place you go to hand over a wad of cash, and they give you motion lotion.

I wouldnt be pumping too much boost into a BA engine, they have skinny conrods, which are renowned to bend and magically appear out the side of blocks. I run 15psi, and that's my limit on my taxi.

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 13d

I actually don't know about the bowser? What is it? And I use my trip to tell me, but sometimes I'm unsure cause the fuel range it gives me with how much kms I have left drops a few k and I've only literally got off my driveway!! I filled it up on standard unleaded a few days ago and so far I've done 173kms (according to my trip) and I've got 267kms left? Now youse tell me if this sounds normal haha. I know the ford turbo models are heavy on fuel, there not the best, but I think my bov is causing my fuel to drop aswell as my low-profiles? Is it true that having aftermarket chromes on low profiles are a cause your car chewing fuel?

Just want to know thanks guys

Your indicated fuel usage seems close to what my ol BA used to achieve around town.On the highway was a different story.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 26d

Oh by the way the boost spike in gear changes is only with an auto (ZF in my case).

If those rims are fat chromies that weigh a sh!tload (stockers are like 15kg or so) they will reduce your acceleration and braking\turning performance a small amount and same for fuel economy. Probably only a few % though.

Also, this is a Bowser

249425-bowser.jpg