How Do I Know If My Cv Alex Is In All The Way?

Donkson

• Member For: 12y 9m 17d

Hey guys so I brought brand new left and right 25% stronger cv off eBay for $500 how do I know if the cv is in does the circling have to be locked in? I have both cv's in but I haven't done the hub nut up yet, do I need to make sure of anything before I do the hub nut up? Also where is the drain and filler plug located on the diff? Had a quick look last night and couldn't seem to find it? And what's the best oil to use in the diff

Hey guys so I brought brand new left and right 25% stronger cv off eBay for $500 how do I know if the cv is in does the circling have to be locked in? I have both cv's in but I haven't done the hub nut up yet, do I need to make sure of anything before I do the hub nut up? Also where is the drain and filler plug located on the diff? Had a quick look last night and couldn't seem to find it? And what's the best oil to use in the diff

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 29d

Locked in where? In the diff or the Axle into the CV?

If you mean the diff end check the clearance between the CV and Diff if you can see the shiny machined Seal surface they arent in far enough. The shoulder on the Alxe only sits a few mm away from the side of the diff case when install.

Also try and pull them out. If they pull out they aren't locked in.

Diff Drain is the lowerest bolt in the centre of the rear cover. 15mm Head from memory.

Fill plug is located on the RHS (from the rear) of the diff cover half way up.

• Like 1

Yeah the diff side it look like there in all the way now not to sure if there locked in though but if there in all the way shouldn't that mean it's locked in ? I've bolted everything back up just havnt done the hub bolt up just yet

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 18y 10m 24d

Hi, sorry to drag up an old thread but I am about to do the same job. I'm fairly mechanically savvy but just interested how long this job has taken you and what to look out for if anything..?

Looks to me like you just need to remove Caliper, and disk then unbolt the knuckle that holds the hub assembly... Does the shaft just then pull out of the diff?? Does the other end pull out of the hub easily or do you destroy the hub trying to take the shaft out similar to what happens when you try and pull off the front hub..?

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 8d

This thread title always make me chuckle. Asking if your CV "Alex" is in all the way...

• Like 1