G6Et 2010 50Th Anniversary Or G6Et 2012 Mkii

MercuryXr6Turbo

• Member For: 11y 3m 18d

Go the 50th.... I might be a bit biased but I just thinking they look a fraction better. Either way you're on to a winner. Great cars! And if you're planning to mod, I wouldn't even be thinking about the warranty because that'll go out the window quick smart if you do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m 6d

I have had both, and I still think my old Havana 50th was better. You get over the touch screen pretty quickly, as it's something that you hardly ever use- especially if you listen to talk back radio 90% of the time like I do.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Ford-Falcon-2010/SSE-AD-2430376/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 1d

Dunno about the G6 but when I was lookin prefered the 50th XR over anything else including an F6( I know I must be Mad). Could've bought anything but really like the interiors and xtras you got with the 50th

• Member For: 15y 10m

^^^ For sure! I really like the 19's... it's a must!

The MKII comes with 19's standard and the 50th Ann model does too plus they have that grey shadow in spoke which looks even better :-)

I had a 50th and for 10k less would do that over a mk2

The gps was hard to use compared to my navman, so I turned it off. Tbh the navman I didn't like that much either

The car was great though, saved our arse in a 100k freeway accident with a semi. Dead now :(

Edited by norpus

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 3d

The bluetooth in my MK1 hasn't failed yet - but my MK2 is constantly having issues, even with the ICC firmware upgrade.

What does the ICC Firmware Upgrade do? My only problem is I don't get Caller ID on the screen with my iPhone, do you know if it fixes this (MkII June 2012 Build)?

• Member For: 11y 1m 9d

Just went through the same process, found a 2012 G6E Turbo MkII with 9000k's on the clock from a dealer, I actually liked the front end of the MkII better (just my opinion), the touch screen is good by I think the NAV is pretty average, I am on the road a lot for work & Google Maps on iOS is much smarter due to it's Internet connectivity (I use a dock) & I stream via Bluetooth at the same time (Bluetooth is rock solid on my car BTW) but had to be a MkII due to Touch Screen, cashmere leather & low K's, & the vanish color looks great with the leather (vanish is a very dark metallic blue)

The warranty is important to me due to work use, but now can't wait to mod it after reading the mods on this site. The amount of power people are getting out of these engines is insane!

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 6m 28d

How much difference is there from a MKII G6ET and a 50th G6ET?

Was there much extra they packed in there? Isn't the G6ET already the top of the line?

Personally I'd be going the MKII - in a few years it'll still be an iteration closer to the current model.

Plus - I've never heard of anyone buying a second hand car really caring about it being an anniversary model.

There will also be other cars on the market that have had the mods done that more than match the differences.

Plus - warranty

• Member For: 15y 11m 24d

Thanks for all the additional comments guys... appreciated.

By the sounds the GPS isn't great in either models, was hoping it would be as like twelthword I'm on the road a bit for work so it would be handy.

Twelthword - sounds like a good buy, I think I recall seeing one of the same description on carsales, for a real good price!

Will report back which path I take.

Again, thanks to all for your input