E85 Powered Fg Xr6 Turbo = 405Kw

10SECN

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 8m 24d

tiny amounts of wheel spin last night LU82.... my 60 ft is never going to be as good as cars running 275/40/17,,, my 18s have a bigger diameter which is slowing me down

Sorry mate I ment im surprised that rednoses 60ft isn't better for the revs he's leaving the line at.

But yeah for your wheel and tyre combo I think you are smashing it and putting a lot of guys to shame that have pumped more dollars into these cars.

• Like 1

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 3d

Are you getting any wheelspin leaving the line ? Its surprising that your 60ft isn't better leaving the line at 2500rpm if you have traction.

Nah, no spin.

Its a bit hard to explain, it either leaves the line feeling a bit doughy like somethings slipping and once boost hits it gets up and boogies.

If I leave the line with any more revs its as if the convertor locks up and it just blows the tyres.

Over 150 passes so far so may be time to bite the bullet and build the box, don't really want to but if I cant go mid 10 with the GTX then I'll have a real good think about it.

It's hard to spend 4-5K on something that does it's job perfectly every day of the week but just isn't performing as it should at the track if you know what I mean.

Daniels got 10-15 kw less than me and is about half a second quicker, that's massive at this end of the field.

Edited by rednose
  • Like 1

Nah, no spin.

Its a bit hard to explain, it either leaves the line feeling a bit doughy like somethings slipping and the boost hits and it gets up and boogies.

If I leave the line with any more revs its as if the convertor locks up and it just blows the tyres.

Over 150 passes so far so may be time to bite the bullet and build the box, don't really want to but if I cant go mid 10 with the GTX then I'll have a real good think about it.

It's hard to spend 4-5K on something that does it's job perfectly every day of the week but just isn't performing as it should at the track if you know what I mean.

Daniels got 10-15 kw less than me and is about half a second quicker, that's massive at this end of the field.

Yeah it must be frustrating ,it must make you second guess your ability , but after doing so many runs I really don't think that would be the case as you have had lots of practice .

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members

It does make you second guess yourself and the car has been very consistent, 60ft is the only issue.

The initial goal was a daily 10sec street car so since that has been achieved I'm still very happy with the car and how it performs on a daily basis.

Edited by rednose

Id let Dan run the car at the track one night and see how he goes . Not saying you can't drive lol it would just be good to get someone else's opinion on how the car gets off the line .

• Like 1

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members

Id let Dan run the car at the track one night and see how he goes . Not saying you can't drive lol it would just be good to get someone else's opinion on how the car gets off the line .

I was thinking the same, but it's really up to Dan, I don't know if he would feel comfortable driving someone else's car.