Vic Police Adjust Mobile Speed Camera Rules;cameras To Be Concealed

timetaker

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 8d

Just did the Bruce Hwy between Brisvegas and Caloundra several times for work - it's a shocker for speed cameras. It makes everyone super conscious of their speed so can just about say everyone was under or at 110km/h But they still have accidents - on one trip some truck had touched a bridge and farrk me - there was a 6km traffic jam. I don't know the circumstances of the accident - but I've seen cars pretty much sniff the arse of other cars on that hwy cos someone is going slow being super conscious of the speed cameras - can see what might happen if one or the other got distracted for a split moment :nono:

That was a tipper truck that had his tipper tray still hoisted up and drove into the bridge at 100kmh.Yeah it made a right of mess of the traffic.

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 7m 15d

I've seen some of the camera vans in ACT, and they are covered in scratches n dents from motorists hurling stuff at them while they are parked up at the side of the road....

• Member For: 11y 6m 19d

LOL Doddo, you've just been lucky, that's for sure.

Roadside cameras will get you without discrimination; police might make a judgement call on whether it is worth it or not to chase you down and do the paperwork.

We dont have hidden roadside cameras in NSW, the 4WD's they use are easy to spot and have signs haha, 120 on my speedo is about 114-116 anyway

• Member For: 13y 7m 28d

It's blatant revenue collection. 20 years ago you watched the road. Now you spend 50% of the time watching your dashboard. Safer my ass. With the new rules. It will be 80% watching the dash. And more turkeys doing 80 in the right hand lane. Pissing of people who know how to drive. What we need is a good old fashioned revolution like when politicians heads were cut off and mounted on posts along a bridge. That would get the point across.

• Like 1