Vic Police Adjust Mobile Speed Camera Rules;cameras To Be Concealed

timetaker

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 15d

Haha.. I got told the opposite.. One of my coworkers reckoned the border crossing was like leaving a highway and hitting a goat track..

But more interested in the constant speed environment changes on the highways with the constant speed up and slow down..

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 5m 6d

I can show you some data that shows how effective speed cameras were when they were first introduced.. And how effective they have been every year since..

My conclusion..

They need to find another new scare tactic.. Cause that one ain't working anymore..

Would love to see this data ^^^ :)

• Member For: 12y 9m 2d

Interesting - In the WA govt's annual reports over half the speeders in WA get fined for <10KMS over the posted limits.

There are no stats available under FOI on results from individual locations of mobile cameras and just how many speeders, and at what speed they are caught at, from each venue. The Boofhead MP who runs the electorate I am in to whom I wrote to about this was "unable to assist."

The coppers know the good spots - that is why Paganoni Road near Mandurah gets a regular flogging ....... lots of nice little 75 buck fines.

Anyway, I got my lesson - double or nothing for a year - after a too-quick overtake of a truck on a deserted four lane road and the Nissan Xtrail parked in the bush. Shouldn't be speeding - that is a given - saving lives on the roads with speed cameras at the right spots is another given - fixing f*&&ed up state budgets and economic idiocy with fines - P1ss off.

• Member For: 15y 7m 14d

Not sure when you have been in Vic last but the roads here a fkn excellent. Have you ever driven in Sydney?

Getting better but still a loooooooooooooong way to go.

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 15d

End of next week..

The gist of the graph is it shows a remarkable decrease in road fatalities from 1998-2002.. When speed cameras were first introduced in QLD..

However since 2002 people lost the fear that speed cameras could be 'anywhere' when we only noticed them once a blue moon, so speed related fatalities increased across 3 years to over 125% of the 1998 figures.